Reason #795

Aaron is a really sweet husband. If there was one thing I could change about our relationship, it would be that it would have started about 10 years ago. Oh, what I would give to have met him right out of high school. Unfortunately, that isn't the way things went. The good news is, I have him from here on out so that's even better.

There are lots of things I love about Aaron, and I have shared most of them with you guys. You already know that he is generous, kind, compassionate, talented, hard working, thoughtful, and handsome! That's not a complete list by any means. But tonight, as I drug the vacuum around our bedroom to clean the baseboards, I realized that one of the things I love most about Aaron is getting to worship the Lord with him.

I know that no one likes a braggart, but I am going to be one tonight because I'm proud of the man I am married to. I am proud of his authenticity, of his trustworthiness, of his pursuit of holiness. I admire his desire to please the Lord, and I appreciate his intentionality to live above reproach. But more than that, I appreciate that he serves God with me. I love that he will turn up the radio and belt out worship songs with me or introduce me to a new one when he comes across it. I am thankful that he is by my side every Sunday not because I "make him" but because there is no where else he would rather be than in the Lord's house. I am so very grateful that I don't carry the spiritual load in our home, as I know of many women that are faced with that task, but that Aaron steps up and leads. I love that he understands the role of husband, according to God's word, and that he constantly strives to fulfill that role. And I love that no matter what is it, whether it be a concert, a movie, a service, or a study, Aaron will pursue the Lord with me in any form or fashion.

We discovered a worship station on Pandora the other day, and we love, love, love it. Aaron turned it up this afternoon while I cleaned and he worked, and we sang out hearts out. Sitting in our bedroom, we praised God together, and I thought about how lucky I am to have someone to worship the Lord with for the rest of my days. What a generous gift to live out life with someone like that!

#795 - Because He blessed me with a husband to worship Him with.

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." - Psalm 95:6-7

Comments

Popular Posts