Reason #714

My brain pretty much shuts down around 3:00 these days. Seriously, I haven't been mentally tired in a long time. I'm getting to scratch the surface of audit and, well, let's just say I have a lot to learn. The good thing is, no job has yet to intimidate me after my first "real" job. If I could make it through that, I can make it through anything. Thankfully, I have a really patient and calm boss, so I'm in good hands.

Sometimes, I think we get into certain situations or circumstances in life and we feel like we just can't do it. It seems to impossible or unrealistic and we feel overwhelmed. Or maybe someone told us we couldn't. Maybe they just flat out said it to our face. "You can't do this. You can't make this happen. This is not possible for you." We've all been there whether it be a job, your health, finances, marriage, parenting, relationships, whatever. You name the obstacle of your choice. We've all stood at the foot of that mountain and thought we couldn't climb it. We've all be at that point where we figured it would get the best of us and we'd never get through it. But as I was listening to the radio the other day, one of my favorite songs came on and a certain verse, that I've heard a million times, stuck out to me. "And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?"

Because if our God is for us, what can stop our wounds from healing? If our God is for us, what can stop our bodies from recovering? If our God is for us, what can stop or marriages from strengthening? If our God is for us, what will keep us from finding success and satisfaction? If our God is for us, what will keep the desires of our hearts from being met? If our God is with us, what will keep us from breaking free of our addictions and becoming renewed? And if our God is for us, what exactly can't we get through, overcome, and conquer?

I think the answer is nothing. It's kind a rhetorical question, really. Because if you stop to think about it, nothing can stop God from healing your heart, changing your situation, bringing good from the bad, restoring your life, improving your health, meeting your needs, and giving you victory.

And so it's good to have God on your side, isn't it? To be on a team with an unstoppable force. And I just praise God that nothing can stand in His way. And what's more, is that He'll move the mountains for us. That nothing will or can keep Him from acting on our behalf. And so sometimes we just have to trust Him. We may not see a way out, or even think it's possible, but it is. God will get us through it one way or another. He always does.

#714 - Because nothing can stop Him from moving our mountains... or helping us over them.

"His rule is everlasting, and his kingdom is eternal. All the people of the earth are nothing compared to him. He does as he pleases among the angels of heaven and among the people of the earth. No one can stop him or say to him, ‘What do you mean by doing these things?’" - Daniel 4:35

Comments

Popular Posts