Reason #914

I think my timeline for change falls about every 1.5 to 2.5 years. I'm serious. If you've followed my blog for any length of time now, you've probably noticed this. My life is constantly changing. Things are not staying the same for long, and I can't decide if it is this stage of life or if it's just me. I have always considered myself a creature of habit, but I have become very familiar and use to change. I just wonder how many more big changes are in store for me.

I start a new job tomorrow. You're probably thinking, "Didn't you just start like 3 new jobs?" I know, it seems like it. Of course, had things gone the way I would have liked for them to a few years ago, I probably wouldn't be starting a new job tomorrow because I'd still be at my old one. And so I am learning to roll with it. To just take things as they come because, like or not, life is full of changes no matter how much plan.

Well, tomorrow is a new beginning. Tomorrow I get to begin again. I've never really been nervous to start a new job. My first job was so, well I don't even know how to describe it, that I figured if I could successfully do it, I could do anything. And so new jobs haven't intimidated me. In fact, I've walked in to any new position with full confidence that I would succeed. Thus far, I've been able to competently carry out each role I've taken on. But this is a new one. Well, it is but it isn't. I'm going to be in charge of a full function of a bank, and I've never had that kind of responsibility before. I've never been the one making the decisions or calling the shots. I've been the girl taking orders and instructions. The one who has been given assignments to carry out. Now, the roles are reversed, and this is new to me. New and unfamiliar, and I just want to do well. I want to do well, and I want to be liked. I want to succeed, and I want to make my new employer proud. And so tomorrow is the start of something totally and completely new, and I'm anxious to see how it is going to go.

You know, we never know what God has in store for us. If you asked me 10 years ago what I thought my life would look like, I would have predicted incorrectly. In high school and college, people would ask me what I wanted to do with my life, and I always felt bad that I didn't have an answer. I could tell you a thousand things that I didn't want to do, but I never knew what I wanted to do. I knew what I would have liked to do, but even then I didn't want to do those things. Really, they were just noble occupations that I had no particular interest in. And so I never really knew. I'd tell people I wanted to be a wife and a mom, but I never thought I'd be a banker. I didn't think I'd get my degree in accounting. I never thought I'd actually be a bible study teacher, and I was certain I'd never be a pet owner. I really had absolutely no clue at all, and I feel like now, in my late 20's, the pieces are sort of starting to fall together. I don't have it figured out in the least, but if you were to ask me right now what I wanted to do with my life going forward, here's what I'd tell you.

I'd say, "You know, I'm not certain. I'm still figuring that out one day at a time and trying my hardest not to get ahead of myself. I have my plans and ideas, but I've learned that God's are better so I'm trying to follow His. But I do know this, that regardless of what it is I end up doing with my life, whether it be a business woman, a writer, a bible teacher, a wife, a mother, or a dog owner, I want to honor Jesus. I want to live a life that pleases Him. I want Him to receive the glory for whatever it is He entrusts me with. I want people to look at my life and see that there is a difference. I want His love to pour out of me. I want to be His hands and feet and reflect Him in my words, my attitude, my choices, and my actions. I want to serve Jesus whole-heartedly. I want to make a difference for His name's sake. I want to be a light, to be the salt of the earth, and I want to make His name known. I want to work diligently at any task given to me because I know I'm doing it for Him. And I want Jesus to use me. I want to make the most out of the time and opportunities He has given me so that one day, when I stand before Him, I'll hear those sweet words, "well done good and faithful servant." That's really what I want to do."

I don't know what other changes will come my way, and I don't know what God has in store for me. But if you really want to know what it is that I want to do with my life, well, there it is. I want to live my life for Jesus because Jesus gave up His life for me.

#914 - Because He gave up His life so that I could live mine.

"He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them." - 2 Corinthians 5:15

Comments

Popular Posts