Reason #915

Day one went really well! I was also amazed at the number of people who reached out to wish me good luck on my first day. Thank you, sweet friends, for thinking of me today. The well wishes were received.

Prayer is the key. It is the key to finding clarity. To unlocking God's blessings. The key to gaining peace and understanding. It's the key to changing your life. Not meditation, not good vibes, not yoga, or healthy eating, or whatever it is people are doing these days to find "balance." Prayer is the key to success. To discovering what God has in store for you. And prayer makes a huge difference.

I walked into my new place of employment at 7:55AM. My boss asked me to go to an officers' meeting with him so that he could introduce me. The room filled up with all sorts of employees, and they chatted with one another until it was a few minutes past 8:00AM. This man stood up and he asked if anyone had any requests or concerns before the meeting got started, and then he did something I have never ever, ever seen before. He did something that I am pretty sure 99% of the businesses in America don't do. In a room full of people from all walks of life, he bowed his head and he said, "Let's pray."

I found out that every morning the officers get together and they pray. They acknowledge what God is doing in their lives, within the company, and they ask for guidance. They ask to be God's hands and feet and they want to serve Him. They also want to serve the people they work with, too. Of course, my boss had already prayed for me during this time of transition, but I didn't realize His boldness of faith was shared by the whole company. And as I went throughout my day, I learned that every day they display a verse and a prayer on the company intranet. Every day, they challenge and encourage people to love the Lord and to call on His name, and you know what kind of response I got from every employee I talked to about working there? "This is the best place to work." And, interestingly enough, even people that don't work there told me the same thing when I mentioned my new job.

People give credit to God when thing are going good. They also blame Him when things are going bad. The rest of the time they don't even acknowledge Him. It seems they acknowledge Him in the extremes. Just like every rapper who gets up and thanks the Lord during the speech in which he won an award for writing a song about using drugs, killing law enforcement officers, and demoralizing women. No one gets offended by that. And do you really think that God blessed His efforts for writing such a song? And then there's the rebellious person who is angry and mad at God for choices they, themselves, made and no one gets offended that they blamed the Lord, either. But do you really think it's God fault that they are where they are? Sometimes I get just get tired of it. I get tired of people only wanting to acknowledge God when things are really good or really bad, and then just glazing over Him the rest of the time as if He only works in two ways.

But my heart was refreshed this morning to see that I am in a place that acknowledges God every single day. A place that is bold and "radical" about their faith. After all, our inventory has "In God We Trust" written all over it, and they've chosen to live it out. To practice what they believe rather than conforming and blending in so the world can be pleased. I realize there are still a few companies in this nation doing the same thing, and I am grateful for each one. Grateful for the part of corporate America who gets it. Grateful for businesses who don't forget about God when thing get really good and who don't blame God when things get bad. I am grateful for leaders who choose to serve Him and honor Him even though they are clearly in the minority.

Business is business, but isn't it ironic that business is booming? Do you think it is strange that businesses who've professed to follow Christ and have actually done it have also done quite well? Isn't it surprising how their doors actually haven't closed but, rather, have swung wide open? Believe what you will, and I will, too. But I am thankful for leaders who love Jesus. For business men and women who've allowed Jesus to be a part of their businesses. Who've served customers and employees and made a difference in their communities. He deserves to be acknowledged every day, good or bad, and I am thankful to be in a place that does exactly that!

#915 - To be in a place that loves and serves the Lord.

"Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it." - 1 Corinthians 15:1

Comments

Popular Posts