Reason #982

Well, I'm 18 days away from finishing my blog, and I feel like I've got to end on a strong note. Thinking that I only have 18 more posts to write means I have to choose wisely, you know. I have to be selective in the things I write about, and I want to be sure I end well. After all, isn't that how we should feel about everything in life? We should always do our best to end well.

My heart has been heavy recently as I've really begun to notice the brokenness and confusion of humanity in a new light. I don't know why this surprises me, but I just assume that people always want to do the right thing and believe the truth. That they want to live upstanding lives of integrity that honor the Lord. But the world is more interested in other things, and that has become quite apparent. And as I thought about my blog, for which I have prayed over and over again that God would use to speak truth and encouragement to those who read it, I thought about the fact that maybe someone might read it who doesn't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Maybe they've been thinking about it, weighing their options, or maybe they've turned away. Maybe they've got a head knowledge but not a heart knowledge. They know who Jesus is, they've heard of Him, but they don't personally know Him. You know, I've just always assumed that everyone who reads my blog views Jesus in the same light as I do and has committed their life to following Him. But maybe, just maybe, someone is still searching for truth. Maybe they're trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Because it's easy to get confused. It's easy to take what other people say and assume it's the gospel. But the only way we really know the truth, the only way we know what's right and acceptable in His eyes, is to read the Bible. To search for the answers, and to apply them to our lives. And so tonight I thought that if maybe you're still figuring this whole Jesus thing out, maybe if you're curious as to how it works and wonder if you really want to commit to it, God's word will give you the answers you've been looking for.

"No one is good, not even one. No one has real understanding; no one is seeking God. All have turned away from God; all have gone wrong. No one does good, not even one." - Romans 3:10-12

"For all have sinned. All fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23

"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." - Romans 5:8

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

"But if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved...For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:9-10 & 13

We desperately need to hear the truth. We need to be saved. We need to live lives that reflect Christ with repentant hearts that desire to honor Him and His word above all things. Sure, it's not the popular thing. It's not the easy thing, either. But the easy thing and the right thing are never the same. And the truth is, Jesus didn't take the easy way out and we shouldn't think that we're the exception. God loves all of creation. He loves everyone and everything He has created. But God calls His people to be set apart. To live by His statues. To place Him first in their lives. He doesn't call us to compromise. He doesn't call us to accept all things and approve of all things. He didn't send His Son to die for our sins so that we could continue to run wild in disobedience, throwing up the grace card when needed. God sent His Son to save us. To give us a second chance. To free us FROM our sin and to give us abundant, eternal life.

It's your choice. The beauty of free will is that we get a say in who we will follow, who we will believe, and who we will serve. For me, it's Jesus. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is my hope, my rock, and my savior. The one who has been ever faithful to me, even when I didn't reciprocate. He's the one who binds up my brokenness, turns my sorrow into joy, redeems my messes, heals my heartaches, and lifts my burdens. The one who has worked all things out for my good, who has given me a hopeful future, who has lead me by the still waters and restored my soul. He's been my provider, my helper, my shield, and my strength. The one who carried me when I couldn't walk, and the one who rejoiced over me when I drew near. He is the one who bends down to listen, my comforter and my peace. The one who answers when I call, my shelter and my refuge. He has forgiven my sins, cleared my slate, and given me a second chance. For me, it's Jesus. It always has been and it always will be. He is my King.

#982 - For Jesus.

"As the scripture tells us, "Anyone who believes in Him will not be disappointed." - Hebrews 10:11

Comments

Popular Posts