Reason #695

It has been a super long day. Super long. And tomorrow will be even longer. This is the last wedding of the year for us, and maybe even for a while. My cousin is getting married tomorrow, and our family definitely follows the Golden Rule when it comes to these events. We all chip in in big ways to help out because, well, that's what family is for. And since we do the same for one another, then we are confident that when it's our turn, they'll do it for us. I suppose you could say that we just keep an eternal running tab.

Aaron and I are pairing up for a little wedding duet tomorrow. Our second wedding to sing at this year! We actually had to switch the song up this week, so thank goodness Aaron has some serious talent and can learn to play a song within an hour. I was also grateful for a flexible bride because not too many brides calmly handle those last minute changes. Anyway, it all worked out for the best. Aaron learned the song quickly and it was in the perfect range for me to sing. You know, it really is hard to find a good, non-cheesy, current wedding song that can be sung from a woman's perspective. Most songs are written for the bride rather than from the bride. And as I've been practicing this song, I have to say I'm really glad I'm getting to perform this with Aaron because it perfectly describes how I feel about him.

I used to walk this town with my head hanging down, I felt so alone.
I was so close to giving up, lost all hope and love, so far from home.
 
Thank you for finding me when you did
You changed my life, now I believe
Love is all I'll ever need
I promise my heart and all that I am
I'm yours forever, my love
 
You came and you rescued me, showed me life as it's meant to be. So beautiful.
You love me so differently, chase all my fears away. I'm finally whole.
 

 
On the drive down tonight, Aaron and I talked about God's perfect timing. After my divorce had been finalized for a while, I began wondering if and when I was ever going to get asked out on a date. Because the truth is, it's hard to ever find someone if you never get to go on a date. My heart wasn't hardened towards marriage, and I still had the desire to be a wife. My mom kept telling me over and over that God's timing is perfect and there was a reason things were happening at the time they were. There was a reason God had worked it all together when He did, not a moment too soon and not a moment too late. She would say, "Brittnye, I just know that he's not far off. I know that God has the perfect one for you and that it won't be as long as you think." But it sure seemed like it because I was running into single guy after single guy and making all sorts of eligible friends that were holding out on me. I remember getting so frustrated with it all about 3 months before I met Aaron. More than frustrated, I was discouraged. Because my worst nightmares were still coming true. No one wanted to be with me, and it was more than obvious. No one wanted to give me a chance, and I didn't understand. Well, I did, but I didn't. But God was working in Aaron's life, too, and the timing wasn't right. There were things that had to happen in order to prepare us for one another, and God was working that out one after another.
 
A few weeks before Aaron agreed to meet me, he had just broken up with a girl that was perfect for him on paper. The kind that he had planned on marrying his whole life. Everything he wanted, or so it seemed. But that wasn't right either, and Aaron felt the same way. Completely discouraged at the fact that he was meeting girl after girl, and yet he couldn't seem to find the right one. Frustrated that this girl who seemed to be the perfect fit didn't work out like he had expected and he didn't understand why. But God was using it, each situation, to prepare Aaron's heart for a lunch date that was set for July 22. And after the perfect series of events occurred in both of our lives, we finally found each other.
 
Funny that you can live in the same town for years and never know one another. Maybe we passed each other on campus once or twice. Maybe we sat at neighboring tables in a restaurant once. We had a lot of mutual friends, were involved in similar activities, but we never found another. Going through life not even knowing the other existed until the right time. Until God had prepared our hearts for it. Because had the series of events in our lives gone a fraction of a different way at any other time, we wouldn't be here.
 
I'm thankful we found each other when we did. Sure, about 5 years earlier would have been nice but it wouldn't have been right. It wouldn't have worked. We had to have that time in order for God to do what was necessary in order to prepare us for one another. And so it's okay that it went that way. Because, like I've said before, if that's the path that God took me down to collide my life with Aaron's, I'm more than thankful. Because God never does anything by mistake. It's all planned out, beginning to end. We just have to be patient and let Him work out the details. After all, coordinating schedules is never that simple, but when it's time, God's divine ways will make it happen and we'll find what we've been looking for all along.
 
#695 - Because of His diving timing to bring about the perfect collisions!
 
"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor." - 1 Peter 5:6

Comments

Popular Posts