Reason #701

I knew it would be a long day when I looked at the clock and saw it was 3:30AM. I had yet to fall asleep after trying for hours. My alarm went off too soon, and I drug myself into the bathroom to get ready for work. I felt miserable all morning. My head nodded back and forth, and I had to fight to keep my eyes open. All I could think about was how much I wanted to curl up and take a nap.

Five o' clock took its precious time arriving. I wasn't really looking forward to coming home either because I had to clean my house and do laundry. I decided that I would just start as soon as I walked in because if I sat down, I'd be a goner. With help from Aaron, the house cleaning managed to get done within an hour. After a quick trip to the grocery store, I came home and balled up in my living room chair. I dozed off an on for about an hour, and I was so grateful that bed time wasn't far away.

I don't know how people do it. There's a difference between being tired like I normally am and being tired because you are running on 3 hours of sleep. I was so sleepy today that I didn't even want to exert the energy to eat. Sleep, that's it. That's all I wanted. And in honor of my level of exhaustion tonight, I am keeping this one short.

Sleep, we all need it after the holidays, and I am really grateful that I have a comfy bed to fall into tonight. I am thankful for the clean sheets I am tucked into and for the fluffy pillow under my head. I am thankful for a safe place to rest, and for the peace and quiet that fills our home when the lights go out. I am thankful for rest. For the fact that God gives us time to sleep and time to be awake. I am thankful for how He watches over us as we sleep. For how our bodies heal and rejuvenate on their own when we doze off each night, preparing us for the full day ahead of us when we wake.

So here's to a good 8 hours tonight and to a better day tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

#701 - For time to sleep!

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." - Proverbs 3:24

Comments

Popular Posts