Reason #950

Fifty days to go, and it's the first day of a new month. This will be my last full month to blog. I know I keep saying I don't know what I'll do when I reach 1000, and the truth is, I still don't. I still have no idea what the next steps will be, but I am certain that the Lord will make it clear when I get there.

I was blow drying my hair this morning and I began to pray for the people of the world. For America, for the countries that are in desperate need of rescue, and my mind was taken back to a time when people across the world prayed for me. I know that sometimes prayer seems too simple of an avenue to take, but it works. I don't think the Lord meant for life to be so complicated, I think we just like to complicate things. Anyway, I know that sometimes it seems like maybe one prayer isn't going to change a thing. But what if ever Christian said one prayer every single day? That adds up pretty fast, so we should never discount the efforts of prayer.

I didn't know that people in Hungary were praying for me. In fact, I didn't even know the people in Hungary who were praying for me. We had never met, but they knew my story. They had been asked to pray for a girl whose world was falling apart. They knew that a friend of a friend really needed extra prayer, and so they prayed for me. When I finally met these people, I had no idea that they had been praying for me. They had no idea it was actually me they had been praying for. And after spending a few days together, I worked up the courage to share what God was doing in my life. I didn't know how they'd take the information. I didn't know what kind of response I'd get. But little did I know that they were already informed. The catch was that they were actually hearing how God was answering their prayers straight from the mouth of the subject of their prayers. And as two and two were put together, they were shocked that I was the girl, the friend of their friend, that they had been praying for.

But God not only heard their prayers, He applied them. Prayers from thousands of miles away changed my life. Their prayers for healing were answered. Their prayers for renewed hope came true. Their prayers for a better future were answered, and I am grateful that prayers are not limited to time or space. That our prayers are heard and applied as needed. And I am thankful that it doesn't matter how far apart we are, when we pray for one other, even for people we may not know, God answers.

I found comfort as I was reminded of this today. The Lord reminded me that prayer is effective. We don't have to worry how the prayers will be answered or if and when they will, our job is to simply pray. Request and petition and trust that God will answer accordingly. No prayer goes unheard. No prayer is ignored. And so, if you're really wondering whether or not your prayers make a difference, you can be sure to know that they most certainly do.

#950 - For the power of long distance prayers.

"You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior. You are the hope of everyone on earth, even those who sail on distant seas." - Psalm 65:5

Comments

Popular Posts