Reason #958

It seems like everything we hear is negative, and I've found myself growing more and more despondent each day as I read the news and catch myself up world events. Most of the stories are depressing and downright terrifying, and I just wonder why it has to be this way. I don't understand it, I don't think I ever will, and I just wish we could return to Eden. You know what I mean, go back to absolute beauty and perfection. I wish we could like in a world that thrived off of grace and mercy and kindness, where goodness was not only celebrated but highly sought after. That intentions were pure and actions were caring. But one day Jesus will make all things new. Until then, we just have to search for the good I suppose.

I only listen to Christian radio because everything that is said and played is uplifting. They really do stick to their promise of being positive and encouraging, and I appreciate that. In a time where things seem gloom and doom, it's quite nice to have good words spoken. Anyway, they shared a story about a baby panda that was recently born, and for some reason that made me happy. Pandas are cute, and anytime you add something cute and cuddly to the world, I think that's a good thing. As simple as it sounds, I was thankful to hear about that baby panda first thing this morning because it was a reminder of new life. It was a reminder that good things are still happening, even if they aren't making headlines. I was reminded that God is still working and moving and He still has a plan for all of creation...even pandas.

Because it's easy to forget about the good stuff, especially when it's buried under the bad. But every day the sun comes up. Flowers bloom, plants grow, birds sing, and new life occurs. People laugh, funny things happen, good stories are written, and someone overcomes. Communities unite to support one another, the underdog is victorious, and good people go out of their way to help someone in need. Illness are cured, relationships are established, prayers are answered, and miracles take place. And I realize that good still exists. He is in control of it all. He is just as aware of all of the good things going on as He is the bad, and He will take care of them both.

I am thankful for the good that exists. I am thankful that even in the midst of darkness we can still see God's goodness. Little ways or big ways, it's always there. Sure, we might have to really search for it, but we'll find it. Because as long as God exists, good exists, and praise Jesus that means forever.

#958 -  Because His goodness can still be seen in the darkness.

"What shall I return to the Lord for all his goodness to me?" - Psalm 116:12

Comments

Popular Posts