Reason #133

A full day today! Emily and I have been trekking around Chicago for a good 16 or so hours, and I must say she is the hostess with the mostest! After a morning filled with good food, a boat tour, and pier strolling, we headed to the mall. Of course, finding a good place to shop in Chicago is not the least bit difficult, and our many shopping bags can testify to that.

We were half way into our shopping trip when I noticed I had missed a call from my boss. Usually, Friday afternoons are pretty slow around the bank, so I couldn't think of a reason she'd be calling. I tried to listen to the voicemail she had left me but couldn't make out the message due to poor reception. I texted her to see if she still needed to talk with me and she replied "yes, please." So, nervously, I called her back. We chatted for a few minutes and the she shared with me some news. And it was good news! So, I stood in front of one of my favorite stores as I beamed from ear to ear and laughed with excitement. And my heart rejoiced as yet another prayer has been answered. An uncertain future has been made more certain. The path is becoming clearer.

One of my good friends shared a quote with me a few weeks ago. As I was expressing my concern and worry he just said, "Birds of the air." I thought this was a strange response and had no clue what he was getting at. He reminded me of Matthew 6, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

"Birds of the air..." and so today, my heavenly Father reminded me of how valuable I am to Him. With a phone call, He reminded me that He hears my prayers and will answer them. And how grateful I am to know that He will take care of me. How thankful I am that He doesn't expect me to figure it out on my own; to carry a burden that sometimes seems too heavy to lift. How good He is to meet my every need!

"His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me..."

#133 - Because He is making the path known.

"So don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows." - Matthew 10:31

Comments

Popular Posts