Reason #134

My trip is coming to an end. It's always so hard to go back home after a vacation...especially a fun one! And I just feel so blessed to have such dear friends to visit. Friends who spoil me. Friends who have encouraged me. Friends who have loved me unconditionally.

Emily and I met a few years ago in a bible study group. I was co-leading the group with another girl from church. We had a small group but a good group none the less, and Emily and I just hit it off from the start. I remember when she got engaged, I remember when she got married, and I remember when she and Jordan moved away. I suppose that is one hard thing about making good friends in college, they all move away after graduation. Anyhow, what a blessing it is to be able to keep those friendships even if a few hundred miles lie between you.

I was at a graduation party last weekend for another dear friend from college and was so excited to be celebrating such a big accomplishment with her. I felt so fortunate that she invited me to be a part of her big night, and as I drove home from her graduation party, I was just blown away at how God has flooded my life with so many wonderful people.

I am amazed at how God crosses our paths with others. I look back over my life and I see how strategic He is in all He has done. I see how He has brought people into my life at just the right time, knowing how much I would need these friends. Knowing exactly when I would need them. And if there is one thing I have learned over the past 7 years, its that friends come in all sizes, shapes, colors, sets, and ages. None too old, none too young. All of them perfect! I am blown away by the incredible bonds I have been so fortunate to build with many, and often times I feel so undeserving of such love and friendship. 

Today, Emily and I sat at chatted. For hours we talked. We caught up on each others lives. We shared secrets. We told stories. We giggled and laughed and dreamed about what each of our futures hold. And my heart was just so full. Full because of what God has done. Full because of the incredible amount of love that has been poured out on me. Full because this road I have walked has been saturated with amazing friends. And I've made new friendships, deepened current friendships, lost a few friendships, and learned the true meaning of friendship.

And so tomorrow, I will hug my sweet friends goodbye, get on a plane, and head back home. And I'm grateful for 4 days to spend with a precious couple (and a cute pom, named Precious) who have been true, dear friends to me. Thankful for fun new memories, for airplanes and PTO, and for a God who unites hearts and forges lasting friendships.

#134 - The joy of old friends and new memories!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." - Philippians 1:3

Comments

Popular Posts