Reason #161

Have you ever wanted something so bad you just couldn't stand it? Maybe you felt like you deserved it, too. It would make perfect sense for you to have it. You worked hard for it, you did everything right, you gave it your best, so, rightfully, it should be yours. But sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. Sometimes it seems like the odds are stacked against you. And you wonder if anyone notices. Maybe you feel invisible. Maybe you feel like you're being overlooked, forgotten, unwanted.

But He sees.

I had many interesting conversations today. Conversations about being unseen, overlooked, passed up, invisible. Conversations about being seen in a different light, being seen differently that you'd like. So you wonder why. Why am I not getting what I deserve? Why am I not being rewarded as I should? Why don't I have what should rightfully be mine? And I've learned that when we can't see why, He sees.

I spent the evening with a sweet friend and we looked back over the past few years of our lives. We looked back with clearer vision and we were amazed at what we saw. We saw things now that we didn't see then. But He saw. So we shared our stories and we talked about how He opened our eyes to see what He was seeing. We talked about how we could now see how He was working and moving, not giving us what we deserved, not giving us what we felt was rightfully ours. And we sang His praises for that.

And we remembered feeling overlooked, at times forgotten, at times invisible. But He watched us the whole time, constantly keeping His eyes on us. Those moments when we were hiding, He could see us. Those moments when we were scared, He could see us. Those moments when we were nauseous, He could see us. Those moments when we were nervuos, He could see us. Those moments when we felt completely isolated, He could see us. Those moments when we were picking up the pieces, He could see us.

Last weekend, I was reminded again that He is constantly watching over me. I was running late, go figure. I had painted my nails and was waiting for them to dry. 4:00 was now going to be 4:20. And so I arrived at my destination to be greeted by familiar faces. Their eyes had seen something, and standing in the middle of the street, they told me what they saw. An unexpected warning and a wave of nausea washed over me. I wanted to shut my eyes, put on blinders, sink into the ground. Really, any of those options would have been fine. A loving hand reached over to rub my back for comfort, reminding me that I wasn't alone, and I felt Him whisper, "It's okay, I can see you. I'm watching. You're okay." And I was okay because He sees me.

And I realize that He sees me when I utter those deep desires in prayer. He sees me when I squeal and jump for joy around my bedroom. He sees me when the tears hit my pillow. He sees me when I want to pull my hair out from frustration. When I drive to work, when I sit at my desk, when I eat, when I brush my teeth, when I run my errands, He sees me. He watches every step I make, every breath I breathe, every blink, He sees. And I never go unnoticed, overlooked, forgotten. Because to the Invisible, I am always visible.

#161 - Because I am not invisible to Him.

"For God watches how people live; he sees everything they do." - Job 34:21


Comments

Popular Posts