Reason #310

Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I like Thursday nights and Saturday mornings, but Sundays are good all day long. Sundays are also a long day for me, so it's a good thing I really like them.

I had one of those moments today. A moment where I just felt completely wrapped up and consumed by God's love. Standing in the sanctuary singing one of my favorite songs, and I was just so very aware of him. My heart was grateful, too. Full of thanksgiving because of what He was showing me in that moment. Grateful for what He was teaching me and for the fact that He was taking the time to bless me with His presence.

"Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, you are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God..."
 
 
And I was just overwhelmed by the truth of these words. Because God is greater, greater than anything we can imagine or understand. Greater than anything we can face. Greater than any trial or victory. Greater than our biggest fear or worry. Greater than our greatest joy. He is greater! And He stronger, too. Stronger than any power that comes against us. Stronger in our very weakness. Able to conqueor anything. Able to overcome anything. He is a God who shields and protects us, who surrounds us and fights for us. A God who is a healer. A healer who can turn battle scars into beauty marks. A healer who can ease any pain, no matter how deep the wound. A healer who runs to our aid in the middle of the battle, binding up the brokenness. A healer who restores us and completes us. One who makes us whole. A healer of all things, not just physical or emotional or mental things, but all things.
 
So I don't know about you, but I am greatful to serve a God like that. One who really is awesome and powerful. The King above all kings. The Great I Am. He is for us. On our side. Going ahead of us, walking beside us, guarding behind us, and always with us. This is our God. And, when our God is for us, nothing can stand against. I'm thankful for that!
 
#310 - Because my Healer is greater, stronger and higher than any other!
 
“O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven above or on the earth below. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion." - 1 Kings 8:23
 


Comments

Popular Posts