Reason #314

I got to have two Thanksgivings today. Two really, really good meals with two really, really wonderful families. And although I was thankful for the time I spent with each of them, thankful for each person there, and thankful to be surrounded by such love, I am most thankful for what God has reminded me of today.

Sometimes we only feel the need to be thankful for good things. Fun things, easy things, things we want. It's easy to be thankful for those. But God has taught me how to be thankful when circumstances look different. Thankful when, from a human point of view, it doesn't appear that there is much to be thankful for. And when things are going that way, when it seems hard to be thankful, even when you may question what exactly you might have to be thankful for, you can be thankful that God is a God of second chances. And this, is what I was reminded of today.

I'm thankful to serve a God who doesn't throw in the towel when challenges come. One who will fight for us even if we are being stubborn and ungrateful. A God who forgives us time and time again and makes numerous allowances for our fleshly faults. One who understands that we aren't perfect and still chooses to redeem us anyways. A God who runs to our side even when our arms are out and our hearts are hardened because He loves us too much to let us stay that way. One who desires to make things right. A God who cares too deeply for us to just let us be hard-headed and pull away from Him.

So I've seen this played out in my own life a lot of different ways. Exemplified in different forms. And I was reminded again today of how God always has something better in store for us because He always wants the best for us. And I'm grateful that He never just stops, throws His hands in the air and gives up on us. I'm thankful that He's not too afraid to take us on, in all of our selfish ways, and turn our lives around. I'm thankful that He doesn't mind wiping away our tears and replacing them with joy and peace. And it's in those moments when we realize we really do have a lot to be thankful for.

So be thankful to serve a God like that. A God who transforms, a God who brings healing and makes things complete. A God who can turn anything around, no matter what. And most of all, a God who will do exactly that because that how much He loves us.

#314 - Because He can and will turn anything around!

“Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good." - Psalm 100:4-5

Comments

Popular Posts