Reason #655

To have and to hold from this day forward. For better, for worse. In sickness, and in health...

I came home early from work yesterday. I tried to stay as long as I could but I could hardly hold my head up. All I wanted to do was curl up in the fetal position and go to sleep, which I did the moment I walked in the door. I had spent the entire day feeling nauseous, and it was getting worse. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes. That way, I didn't haven't to feel bad. Aaron made it home, chicken noodle soup, Sprite, and crackers it tow, but I couldn't eat. I slept off and on all evening and through the night. He woke me up about 11:00 to see if I was ready to write my blog for the day. I told him I couldn't. I didn't want to move because stayed curled up was the most comfortable position I could find. He offered to type it for me, but I told him it was fine. I just wanted to sleep the sickness away and feel better when I woke up this morning.

I woke up and felt even worse. It was like my body got run over by a truck. My head was pounding, my back and hips ached, and I couldn't get comfortable no matter how I was laying. After a rough night of sleeping, Aaron drug himself out of bed to get ready for work. He took my temperature to confirm it was still high, and I called in sick. Truth be told, I hate using sick days. I feel guilty for not being at work, but I figured it was the only choice since I couldn't get out of bed. And so he kissed me on the forehead, and left Scout snuggled next to me as he headed out the door.

Around noon Aaron called to see how I was feeling. Not much had changed. He offered to drive home during his lunch break to make me a bowl of soup. I hadn't eaten in about 24 hours so I figured I might as well try to eat and see if I could gain some energy. He warmed up a bowl of chicken noodle soup, gave me some crackers, and ate lunch with me. To be considerate, I took a shower before he showed up. I pretty much used all of the energy I had to do that, so I sat at the kitchen table wearing pj's, crazy hair, and my glasses. We finished lunch, and Aaron gave me a big hug and a kiss before he went back to work for the afternoon. Scout and I crawled back in bed and slept off and on until he made it home.

I don't really feel much better tonight. Maybe tomorrow. It's amazing how quickly you forget what "normal" feels like when you feel bad for a few days. And living with a sick person isn't much fun, either. Especially when they steal your side of the bed because it's closest to the bathroom or when they ask you to do this or do that because they can barely stand up for longer than 5 minutes. But it sure is nice to have someone who will take care of you when you sure don't feel like taking care of yourself. When they'll warm up your soup, rub your back, willingly get you what you need without complaining, and will still give you hugs and kisses when you are at your grossest. And so I am thankful for my sweet husband tonight. For how he has done his best to nurse me back to health. For how he is still loving me even in sickness. Every day he's a good husband, on the good days and the bad days, in sickness and in health, and I just praise the Lord every day that he is mine!

#655 - For being loved in sickness.

"In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church." - Ephesians 5:28-29

Comments

Popular Posts