Reason #656

It's nice to feel almost normal again. I woke up this morning and quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to make it to work again. I figured I'd given my body enough time to get better on its own, so it was time for a visit to the clinic. I pulled on my sweat pans and put on a baseball cap, looking just about as bad as I felt. I figured if I could be the first one to the clinic, I wouldn't have to wait as long to see the doctor. I hobbled inside looking somewhat like the hunchback, Quazimoto, because it hurt too much to stand up straight. Thankfully, I got called back right away and after a short visit with the doctor, he prescribed me a few medicines to get me on the wellness track.

I ripped open the medicine bags as soon as I got home and quickly swallowed the remedies. Within about 15 minutes, I was sound asleep and didn't wake up for a solid 5 hours. It was glorious. When I woke up, I felt a little bit better. I found out, while at the doctor, that I was dehydrated so I spent the afternoon trying to drink as much water and Gatorade as possible. I laid in bed watching TV because I had nothing else to do, and I began to notice that almost every single commercial was either about food or title loans. Really? Just what Americans need. More food and more debt. Anyway, it was a pretty slow and boring afternoon to say the least. And, if that wasn't bad enough, Aaron had to work until about 9:00 tonight, so it made for a long and lonely day.

There's a few things I am thankful for today. For one, I am thankful for doctors and the fact that they pretty much always have the answers. I am thankful for medicines and for pharmacies who get us that medicine right when we need it. I am thankful for sick days, even though I feel guilty for using them. I am also thankful for a job so that I can pay to go to the doctor and get medicine when I need it. I am grateful for a comfortable home where I can rest and for Scout and the TV to keep me company during the day. I am thankful that God has provided me with a job so that I have a place to go from 8:00 - 5:00 on a daily basis because being home two days in a row has proved to be quite boring. And, I am most thankful for restored health. I am grateful that the Lord has given me a healthy mind and body because feeling bad for 2 days is 2 days too much.

Here's to, hopefully, the last sick spell of 2013. I can't think of much else that I could get this year that I haven't already had. That being said, my medicine cabinet is stocked so I should be able to handle anything else that comes my way. Maybe a solid routine of vitamin C consumption would do me good, too. Either way, I'm just glad to be almost back to normal. It's a much better feeling!

#656 - For doctors, medicine, and restored health.

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases..."- Psalm 103:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts