Reason #660

Today is one of those days where I don't want to go to bed. I had such a good day from beginning to end, so I'd like to keep that going for as long as possible. I got to sleep in this morning, snuggle Scout as I watched some of my favorite shows, I completed all my chores, had a surprisingly enjoyable trip to Wal-Mart, took a walk with one of my friends this afternoon, went on a date with Aaron tonight, and the weather couldn't have possibly been any better. All around, it was a perfect day. Not too bad for a Monday.

Aaron and I leave for a trip at the end of this week. It's a work-cation. He'll be the one doing the work, and I'll be the one vacationing. We did make sure to schedule a few days in so that we can enjoy some fun together. Sometimes I still feel funny in situations like this because it seems so grown up. I realize I am fully an adult now, but I don't always feel like I am that old. It's funny to be at a point in life where you are not only traveling on your own, but you are also funding the event. We are heading to Florida, and the last time I was there was when I was in elementary school. My parents were responsible for planning out the trip, getting us to where we needed to go, and paying for the whole thing. That makes it easy. This time, it's up to us to do that. We've been planning out our itinerary, and I am almost too excited to sleep for the next 4 days. It may be a long week in that regard.

I absolutely love to travel. Well, I should say I love to vacation. I love getting away from schedules and routines and being in a different setting. Truthfully, I try to squeeze in trips all the time. I've come up with a ton of excuses to get out of town this year. Holidays, special events, friends' special events, new experiences, I don't care what the reason is. If it weren't for the fact that our families live here, and I will be out of vacation days after next week, I would have found a way for us to go somewhere over the holidays. So be it, this will be our last trip out of town this year, but I already have my vacation days for 2014 figured out.

I am really grateful for the opportunity to travel, and what a blessing it is, too. Because the truth is, the world is a really beautiful place. The Lord did such an awesome job with creation, and it's so nice to have a chance to see it in person. The clear blue ocean, sandy beaches, snowy mountains, canyons, rolling hills, big trees, lakes, and rivers. It's nice to experience life outside of your own little world. To meet people who do things differently than you do. To try food that you wouldn't normally eat, see things you would only read about other wise, and to make fun memories that last a lifetime. Yet what I really love the most about traveling is that it reminds me of how big God is. Of how sovereign and in control He is. Of how He is really holding the whole world in His hands, not just Lubbock. Because when I'm not at home, I see Him in new ways. When I'm outside of my comfort zone, I experience Him in different ways. And I am so thankful that regardless of where I go, He's there, too. At home, away from home, around the world and back again, He faithfully goes with us where ever we go.

#660 - For opportunities to travel and experience His creation.

"The heavens are yours, and the earth is yours; everything in the world is yours—you created it all." - Psalm 89:11

Comments

Popular Posts