Reason #658

Everyone is finally back to normal. After a rough night last night, we woke up feeling like our old selves. This afternoon I carried out Operation Sanitation as our house was a nightmare. It needed a good scrubbing, and I walked around with Clorox wipes to wipe down any and every object we may have touched over the past week. It feels, and smells, much better now. I think we're good to go for a while.

Aaron and I went to see a movie tonight. We were long overdue a trip to the theatre, as we couldn't remember the last movie we went to see. It was so nice to get out of the house after being cooped up for the past few days, too. Of course, watching Thor save the world was pretty exciting and inspiring since most of this week I've watched the back of my eyelids. But truth be told, I always appreciate a super hero movie because things work out for the good in the end. It never fails. Some bad things definitely happen, there's usually an abnormal amount of destruction, but the good guys always prevail and the people of the world get to go on living life unharmed. It's a nice feeling to be protected and to think that there's always someone watching out for you who will run to your aid should danger threaten.

Naturally, I think I am becoming more conscious of the state of the world the older I get. I really had no clue what was going on globally until I graduated college. I started reading the news once I began working full time, and it's often more scary than comforting. Honestly, I have stopped reading the news because I found myself growing depressed and paranoid. Truth be told, things are going to happen regardless of whether or not I read about them. I suppose I'd rather just be happy and positive while I can and worry about the negative when it is actually happening. You may think differently, and that's okay. But when I watch movies about our safety being at risk, sometimes I become worried. Because I like living in America. I like living in West Texas. I like feeling safe and secure. I am thankful I don't have to walk around wondering if I am going to step on a roadside bomb or if I am going to have to dodge bullets while I'm out. I don't want to have to live life like that. Freedom is such a beautiful and wonderful thing, and sometimes I am really afraid that my freedom to live might one day be taken away.

Well, if I let my mind wander on this subject it can turn into a raging nightmare quickly. But I think about Thor and how he was willing to go to great lengths to make sure the people of earth were not harmed. He risked his life so their lives could be saved, as all good super heroes do. He didn't do it for a badge or merit or recognition. He did it because he's a noble guy with a good cause, and deep down, I think he did it because he knew he could.

I know Thor is made up. Batman, Superman, Captain America, they're all nice thoughts. But I think about the fact that there is someone who is actually watching what's going on and who is always faithful to keep an eye on His own. Someone who can and has saved the world, just in a different kind of way. Someone who is not afraid to come down here and risk His life so that we can live ours. Someone who protects and shields us from things we have no clue of. Someone who came to give us a kind of freedom that could never be taken away. And I just praise Jesus that no matter what happens while we're here, He's already gotten it sorted out so that good prevails in the end.

All we can do is live our lives one day at a time. Things are going to happen. Some will be good, some won't. But in the end, good will prevail. And in the end, well, this isn't the end. Because something better lies ahead no matter how bad things get, and I just thank the Lord that He is there preparing a place for us.

#658 - Because no matter how bad things may get, in the end good still prevails.

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." - John 14:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts