Reason #103

I've entered into an interesting time in my life. After months of going through so many negative changes, positive changes are presenting themselves, which is nice... for a change. I am a creature of habit, one who usually avoids change. Predictable.

But I've been praying for changes, and look forward to them, too. New seasons. Different scenery. Better lighting. Sometimes, the only way we make changes is when we are forced to. So changes are being made.

Tonight, a new change began. An answered prayer, and not just for me, either. The beginning steps. A process of changes. And as I began this process tonight, I realized that not only was God answering my prayers for change, He was using me as answer to the prayers of others. To meet a need. This blows my mind. Me, a solution? Me, an answer? And I'm just amazed at how He works. Amazed at how He creates desires in more than one heart and somehow weaves them together to bring about His purpose. I am amazed at how He crosses paths at just the right time so that His will can be accomplished.

But obedience is required. Courage and faith, too. Change is scary. What if it doesn't go well? What if it falls apart? What if I fail? What if it turns out differently than expected?

I've learned the only way to make it through the changes is to let Him change you as they come. Be changed in the process. Be changed for the better. Changed by the Unchanging One.

So it's time to let old habits of predictability die and let the winds of change blow in something new.

#103 - Because He's changing things... me included.

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons..." - Daniel 2:20-21

Comments

Popular Posts