Reason #83

On October 2, I woke up thinking, "I can't believe this is my life." And that wasn't the only day that thought popped into my head. There were days when I thought, "This can't be happening. Surely, this is not how my life is turning out. Lord, what is the plan here?"

But I trusted the He had a plan. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, I wasn't sure how He was going to bring good from it, and I wasn't sure when I would start to see His plans unfolding, but I just trusted He would follow through on His promises. In John 10:10, He said that He came to give us abundant life. So often we replaced the word abundant with words like happy, prosperous, trouble-free, stress-free, trial-free, easy-going life. At least, I know I did. But my life wasn't looking like any of those things, so He began to teach me what abundant life looked like. Abundant, full, richly supplied (dictionary.com). And in the midst of the fire, the desert, the wilderness, He supplied. He filled my life in ways I would have never imagined. He supplied in ways I would have never considered. He met my every need. And I sit here thinking, "Is this really happening?" The Lord of the universe is taking time to give ME abundant life. Me, the one who questions. Me, the one who worries. Me, the one who panics. Me, richly supplied.

And sometimes I just don't understand why me, undeserving me. He brought to mind the familiar words of Jeremiah 29:11. See, He does these things because He's got a plan. A special, detail-crafted plan for me. A plan with abundance included in the package. A plan that excludes disaster. A plan that oozes hope.  A plan that was put together before I existed. Psalm 139 says, "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." So I try to wrap my mind around it. Lord, what's the plan here? But the plan was laid out long ago, and He reminds me,  "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21) And I praise Him that His plans prevail. I praise Him that He's got a plan. And I realize that when I'm obedient, when I trust, when I let Him lead, the plan unravels. This plan is beautiful, better than the one I had. A plan that is perfect, a plan that is specific, a plan that is divine.

So I don't know what the full plan is, but He does. He knew the plan on October 2, and He knows the plan on April 5. But I sit here tonight, my plans aside, and with a smile on my face and abundance in my heart, I think, "I can't believe this is my life."

#83 - Because of His abundant plans.

"...for I am overwhelmed by how much you have done for me." - Psalm 71:15

Comments

Popular Posts