Reason #94

God is so good
God is so good
God is so good
He's so good to me

He answers prayers
He answers prayers
He answers prayers
He's so good to me

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”  Genesis 9:12-16

He sent the clouds again today and we got a tiny bit of rain, at least on my side of town we did. As I was driving home, I noticed a faint rainbow in the distance so I stopped to take a picture. The rainbow was very light, and you had to be looking for it to see it. And I remembered how special rainbows are because they are a visible promise from God. A promise that He reveals each time He sends a storm. The rain falls, the dark clouds cover, and after all is said and done, the sun peaks through and as it shines on the little water droplets that only moments ago fell from the darkness, beauty is reflected. Color is brought forth. Just one of His many miracles, and we get to witness it! A reminder of how much He loves us. A reminder that He is always faithful. A reminder that He remembers us. A reminder of His covenant.

I saw a rainbow tonight, too. An unexpected rainbow. The thing is, we know rainbows exist after storms but sometimes we forget to look for them. Some rainbows are hard to see while some are impossible to miss. A rainbow means the storm is over. A rainbow was sent to me in an unexpected form. A rainbow that I have over looked for quite sometime, one that was hard to see because there were still so many clouds. So He continued to let the rain fall heavy until tonight. There was so much water for His light to reflect off of that He made it impossible for me to miss it. And sometimes I look around and I just see puddles and mud. Dirt and water mixed together. Refreshing water, sent to cleanse, runs with the dirt and now mud is everywhere, covering everything. You can't see your true reflection in the murky puddles. You can't be refreshed by the water that mixes with dirt. You can't do much of anything with muddy water. Splish, splash, splish, splash... the rain keeps falling. Mud keeps splattering.

But the clouds have been parting and the sun has been shining through. Ever so slowly, a gray cloud floats away and another ray of light beams through. The rain has slowed down and the puddles are beginning to dry up. And as the sun  is breaking forth, the rays are now mixing with the water that was sent to cleanse and refresh, the water He sent, and color is shining through. A promise of truth. A promise of His faithfulness. Another unexpected answered prayer. A promise of His everlasting covenant. A promise that He loves His child too much to let her be destroyed, wiped away. 

So I praise Him for that specially designed color spectrum. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Colors of a promise. Colors of hope. Colors that light up a gray sky signifying that the storm is coming to an end. Colors that remind me that He is so good, so good to me.

#94 - Rainbows.

"The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them." - Psalm 25:14


    If you squint and concentrate, you can see the rainbow in the middle of the picture. Promise, it's there!


Comments

Popular Posts