Reason #89

I had a long, 5 hour drive home today. Five whole hours to admire the scenery, exercise my vocal cords, organize my thoughts, and occasionally do a little dancing when a good song came on the radio. As I've shared before, one of my favorite places to spend time with God is in the car. A great setting to speak to Him and to be spoken to. So as I was driving home, I began to think back over the past few months. Not too long ago, I hated having time to think. I hated being alone with my thoughts, but today, I quite enjoyed it. I began thinking about all that has happened this year, and I just can't believe it is already April. I thought about all that I have been through over the past 6 months and I thought "I can't believe I have gotten through this. I never thought I'd get to this point. I never thought I'd be okay. I never thought that I'd have joy and happiness return so soon." As I thought, and as I prayed, He began to speak to me.  I just love those moments when His presence consumes me and I start to get little goosebumps. And this is what He said...

"You aren't the one who got you through this, I AM. I AM the one who gave you the strength to move through each day. I AM the one who carried you through the storm. I AM the one who provided for you. I AM the one who met your every need. I AM the one who held your shattered spirit together. I AM the one who brought you abundant blessings. I AM the one who satisfied you in the desert. I AM the one who surrounded you. I AM the one who protected you. I AM the one who rescued you. I AM the one who gave you hope. I AM the one who caught your tears. I AM the one who turned your mourning into rejoicing. I AM the one who returned the light to your eyes. I AM the one who gave you peace. I AM the one who revealed truth. I AM the one who redeemed you. I AM the one who loves you!"

And I remembered when He told Moses, "I AM who I AM" (Exodus 3:14) but I never understood what He meant by that... until today. Because today He showed me that HE IS! He is who we need him to be, when we need Him to be, because He is everything. He is in all things, through all things, and all things are made in Him (Colossians 1). 

HE IS peace. HE IS love. HE IS truth. HE IS provider. HE IS healer. HE IS blessing. HE IS joy. HE IS power. HE IS strength. HE IS redeemer. HE IS refresher. HE IS restorer. HE IS rescue. HE IS!

Without I AM, I am hopeless. Without I AM, I am helpless. Without I AM, I am nothing. But with I AM, I have everything because HE IS!

Reason #89 - Because HE IS!

“I am Yahweh—‘the Lord." - Exodus 6:2

Comments

Popular Posts