Reason #250

A quarter of the way there. One fourth of the way finished. With each passing day, I'm amazed at how God works, at what He has done for me. With every "reason," my heart rejoices. Some times, I go back and read earlier posts. I want to remember where I was because I love seeing the contrast. I love looking back and seeing God's provision, protection, guidance and blessing. I love seeing how He has brought about restoration and healing. Mostly, I love watching this plan unfold. Because as I look back, I remember how I felt. I still remember the emotions and thoughts pouring through my heart. I remember wondering how. How was He ever going to turn things around? How was He ever going to bring anything good, or write a story worth reading? How was He going to provide for me? How was He going to bring back joy? How was He going to bring forth a purpose? How?

So this song played on the radio the other day. My heart swelled as I sang along with the familiar words. Words I've known a really long time, but words that have a new meaning.

How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me?
Things so undeserved, yet you gave to prove your love for me.
The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude.
All that I am, and ever hope to be, I owe it all to you.
 
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me
To God be the glory, for the things He has done.
 
Just let me live my life
Let it be pleasing Lord to thee
And if I gain any praise
Let it go to Calvary
 
So I am now on the other side asking "how?," but in a completely different fashion.  I felt like the words of this song expressed my heart of gratitude so well. How could I ever possibly thank Him for all He has done? How could I ever come up with words adequate enough to really express my gratitude? But this was my prayer all along. "Lord, if my circumstances aren't going to bring you glory, I still want to." And so I do owe it all to Him. All of the work that has been done, all of the miracles, all of the answered prayers are simply because of Him. Because I serve a God who has covered me in redeeming blood. A God who goes out of His way time and time again to show me how much He loves me. And so, to God be the glory for everything, and I mean everything, He has done!
 
#250 - Because He has done great things for me!
 
"Be glad now and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things." - Joel 2:21
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts