Reason #418

This week is kicking me in the teeth, taking it out of me, eating my lunch. Phrase it however you want, but this week has been killer. I don't even want to think about what tomorrow looks like, and I can't believe it's only Wednesday today. I keep hearing my teacher friends say, "Oh spring break is just around the corner. Only a few more days." And I'll admit I am envious. How I would love a week to do nothing. I don't want to go on a vacation, I don't want to get out of town or even do things around the house, I literally want to do nothing. But I am not a teacher, so I will work through spring break again this year.

Wednesday nights are always a refreshing time for me. I look forward to getting to spend some time with my dearest girlfriends, sitting in sweatpants in my living room, eating sweets, and talking about what God is doing in our lives. I enjoy those moments when we can be real with one another. When we can feel comfortable enough to be vulnerable and say what's really on our hearts. Our worries, our concerns, our honest feelings, and our struggles. And maybe no one else understands, but it's nice to just be able to share with girlfriends you love. It's nice to realize that you don't have to be a loner. And what's so cool about it is that even though we're all different, we all have our own personalities, thoughts, ideas, pasts and experiences, the Lord has bonded us as if we've known each other forever and not just for a handful of months.

I've gotten to a stage in life where I've quit taking so many things for granted. Now, I won't lie and say this never happens, but I've really learned how to be appreciative. Because there was a season in my life where I felt I had nothing. I felt I was going to be a loner forever. And the truth is, while I've always had a lot of sweet friends throughout the years, I've really only had a couple of super close girlfriends. Of course miles and families created distance in between, so I figured I was just done with having good girlfriends for the rest of my life. I was wrong, really, really wrong. And over the past 10 months God has given me more sweet, dear girlfriends than I ever imagined. I have been blessed with incredible relationships, and I have learned so much about myself and about God through them. And the thing I love the most is that they accept me and love me for who I am. They've given me a chance, gotten to know me for me, and have welcomed me into each of their lives with open arms. It's amazing how God has crossed our paths and how He has forged so many different relationships. But we were all there at one point or another. Just wanting a friend, someone to laugh with, to hang out with, to talk about life with, and to be real with. And so God has been gracious to do this for us. Gracious to create a group of awesome girls from a bunch of prayers and desires. Girls who are, by far, the most accepting and least judgemental women I know, girls who are fighters and don't give up, girls who have a hunger for the Lord and His will, girls who are beautiful on the insdie and out, and girls who simply know how to love and do it well.

So I'm really grateful and humbled that God would do this for me. That He would let me sit in my living room once a week with girls from so many different walks of life and learn from them. That He would use them to change my life, to encourage me, and to accompany me on this journey He has set our feet on.

#418 - For my Wednesday night bible study girls!

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Comments

Popular Posts