Reason #438

I’ve been writing thank you notes today. As you well know, I’m a woman who is full of words. Rarely do I keep anything to a minimum, thank you notes included. And I love writing them, too, therefore each note turns into a small novel. But I figure when someone goes out of their way to remember you, to do something nice for you, to make you feel special, you should let them know how much it means to you. So, I’ve been doing that today, and my heart is just bursting at the seams with gratitude.
 
I have a hard time coming to terms with how loved I am some times. I just can’t seem to grasp it, and as my upcoming nuptials are quickly approaching, I am starting to become overwhelmed with the amount of love being poured out on me. People say things like “I’m happy for you,” but it’s the way the say it that gets me. Because it’s not just a “Oh good, you’re engaged and we’re happy about that.” No, it’s this really deep, unexplainable joy. A happiness that comes from the Lord, from seeing what He has done. And my mom keeps reminding me that my friends and family feel this way because they are getting to see their prayers being answered before their very eyes. It’s definitely a sweet thing to be able to witness something you’ve prayed for.
 
Anyhow, as I wrote my thank you notes today, I had to fight back tears because I am experiencing a different happy, too. A happiness because I realize how loved I am. With each thank you note, I realize that I would not be where I am without the recipient’s prayers. A happiness because I see how many people were fighting for me, walking through the valley with me, and are now rejoicing with me. A lot of times I forget that God didn’t just answer my prayers, He answered the prayers of many other people, too.
 
How grateful I am for friends like these. People who will go before the Lord on your behalf and ask big things of Him. People who trust him and believe that He will do good things. People who care, and I mean genuinely care. And you want to know how you can tell when someone genuinely cares? They are excited for you and with you. They are ever bit as happy as you are and their joy is as great as yours is, too. And I’m glad to serve a serve a God who will not only answer my prayers but will answer the prayers others have prayed over me. That He would fill me with joy and fill them, too. That He would surround me with genuinely loving people. I’m thankful that He too, is a genuine God. One who genuinely cares for us and rejoices with us. What a blessing it is to not have to walk through the valley alone, but to also be able to celebrate on the mountain top together, too!
 
#438 - For moments to rejoice on the mountain top.
 
"For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let the faithful rejoice that he honors them." - Psalm 149:4-5
 
"Then I will praise you with music on the harp, because you are faithful to your promises, O my God. I will sing praises to you with a lyre, O Holy One of Israel. I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have ransomed me. I will tell about your righteous deeds all day long..." - Psalm 71:22-24
 
"You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. O Lord, what great works you do! And how deep are your thoughts." - Psalm 92:4-5

Comments

Popular Posts