Reason #434

I hit the ground running this morning, and I have one of the busiest weekends ahead of me. This weekend is a full blown wedding weekend. Well, a wedding preparation weekend I suppose I should say. And the closer we get, the more reality sets in, the more I can't believe it. Aaron and I got our engagement pictures back this week, too, which was just another dose of reality. This is really happening! Seven weeks from today as a matter of fact.

I like to look back over my old blog posts sometimes. For the most part, I can remember what I've blogged about, however, there are plenty that I've forgotten about my now. A little over a year ago, I blogged my testimony. After spending months living in shame and doing my best to fly under the radar, I finally told my story. A story of what God had been doing and what He was currently doing in my life. A story that didn't really make sense, either. A huge cliff hanger. And that's the thing about stories, you just never know the direction the author is going to take it when you're just starting out the book. The author knows, but unless someone has spoiled it for you, you have to keep on turning the pages to find out for yourself.

Here's what I said a year ago...

There was one willing heart left sitting in the counselor's office totally crushed. Abandoned. Rejected. Unwanted. Maybe even hated.

But He held that heart. He reminded that heart again and again how much He loved it. He reminded it how valuable it is to him. He poured out blessings on that heart. Some days, He drowned it in blessings. He gave that heart hope. He started to piece it back together. In fact, he still is. He whispered words of truth and love. He reminded that heart of his story of redemption.

And this heart chooses to believe... even if it doesn't understand. It believes in a God who is all powerful. A God who is bigger than any circumstance.


But tonight I sat in a pre-marital seminar next to someone who really is my better half. To one who is the answer to my prayers, and not just prayers from a year ago. One who has been my heart's desire since I was a 13 year old girl, and I can't even begin to explain how fortunate I feel. The fact that God would give me everything I have ever wanted and needed and allow me to spend the rest of my days with him just blows my mind. I once heard someone say "when God takes something from you, it's so your hands are open to receive something better," and I believe that with my whole heart. But don't get me wrong here. Aaron is the icing on the cake for what all God has done for me. This story wasn't just about healing a broken heart and finding true love. This story isn't just about marriage. This story is about a girl who is greatly loved by God. A girl who finally realized that even when you feel you have nothing, as long as you have the Lord, you've got everything you need. A girl who learned that His grace really is sufficient. One who tasted the sweetness of the Lord in a season of bitterness and was truly satisfied. It's a story of redemption, second chances and incredible blessings, but then again, isn't that your story, too?

And so this heart still believes in that very same all powerful God. A God who truly is bigger than any circumstance, no matter what it is, and I'm just grateful that the pages never stop turning.

#434 - Because the pages never stop turning!

"...when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.  If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you." - James 1:2-5


 
photo courtesy of Allison Harp - www.allisonjeanphoto.com/blog
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts