Reason #474

May, you are here! How is this possible? May is a special month for me because it was last May that the Lord began doing really big things in my life. Truthfully, He had been doing them before May but it wasn’t until May before I actually realized it. Up until May, I had been sewing with tears and I was just starting to reap a harvest of joy.
 
Last May was a busy month for me. Last May my bible study started and I was flooded with good friends. Last May, I made a trip to Chicago to visit one of my dearest friends who will have her first child next week. Last May doesn’t seem that long ago.
 
My parents celebrate their 32nd anniversary this month. My brother turns 30 this month. Countless mothers will be honored and remembered this month. And this will be yet another May where the Lord does really big things.
 
I woke up this morning and checked the 10 day forecast. A 60% chance of rain on my wedding day. Obviously, it’s pointless to worry over the weather as I can’t control that. We desperately need rain, so if it falls on May 10th it will be an additional blessing to the day.
 
Unless you bought your wedding ring from a particular jewelry store in Lubbock, no one prays for rain on their wedding day. But we’ve been praying for rain, trusting that God will send it in due time. Who are we to tell Him when and where and for how long? It’s God who quenches the earth’s thirst. It’s God who keeps the ocean full and the rivers flowing. And God answers prayers when the timing is right. God hears our requests and He knows what we need. At the perfect moment, on the right day, God will answer. Sometimes, we just have to wait for it to come trusting that it will.
 
I am reminded of that very fact today. Fortunately, when it comes to weather, we can look ahead and know what to expect a few days out, but life isn’t that way. We can’t pull up a weekly forecast and see what the future holds. Each morning we have to wake up and trust that God is at work. Each day we have to remember that He knows what He is doing and He will answer in due time. We may have to wait on it, and our answers may not rain down when we feel it would be best. But really, does it matter when He answers? Does it matter if it was yesterday, the day before, or a few months down the road? No, what really matters is that He answers. And I don’t know about you, but once I receive an answer I never think, “Lord, you didn’t do that right. That was terrible timing. I can’t believe you’re doing this now.” No, I think, “Lord, thank you for hearing and answering. Thank you for teaching me and for doing what’s best for me.”
 
And so it may pour cats and dogs on May 10th or it may not. I won’t pretend that I am indifferent, as I would love to see the sun shining that day. But, I feel that rain would be fitting. A reminder for me that God is faithful to rain down blessings upon blessings and that no prayer, no matter how big or small, the length of time it was prayed, or how complex or simple it may be, ever goes unanswered.  
 
#474 – Because He answers our prayers at just the right time.
 
 "And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for." - 1 John 5:14-15
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts