Reason #476

Finally, a beautiful day! And, it’s Friday so it doesn’t get much better than that! I ordered new business cards today and had my name changed to Brittnye Davis. And yesterday, despite the raging winds and bitterly cold temperature, Aaron and I got our license to wed. One week from today is the big day, and I think I may have a few more restless nights until then.
 
It’s the weekend and I have a full to-do list. I’m sure the next 7 days will be somewhat of a frenzy despite my best efforts to make it otherwise. That’s okay. I can handle anything for a week, especially since I know the outcome.
 
I drove back to work yesterday after getting our license and having a lunch date in the car, and my heart was full of joy. I know I’ve been writing a lot of lovey-dovey marriage posts lately, but that’s what’s on my mind right now. Anyway, I pretty much think Aaron hung the moon and I’m often times so amazed that I, of all people, am getting to spend the rest of my life with him. I don’t think it has quite hit me yet, and I have a feeling that one week from today at 6:30PM, I will be experiencing one of the most overwhelming moments I’ve experienced to date.
 
You know a lot about Aaron by now. Maybe I should rephrase that and say you know a lot about what I think of Aaron by now. Last night I told him how grateful I am for him. For the fact that God would take someone like me, who is far from deserving, and give me the best. Someone who will walk with me through life, always open doors for me because he is thoughtful, cook me delicious dinners just because, bring me the whole pharmacy when I don’t feel well, give me shoulder rubs with or without request, love my dog almost as much as I do, be willing to talk through any and every situation with me, actively listen to my endless chatter, make me laugh and laugh with me, put up with my tears and emotions that surface too often sometimes, cover me with love even when I’m being completely unlovable, work his hardest to be the best boyfriend/fiancée/almost husband that he can possibly be, not keep records of my wrongs, be quick to forgive, mindful to help out in anyway, bring me desserts because he knows I can’t resist sweets, support me in everything I do, shower me with compliments day in and day out, always help find a solution to any problem, carry heavy loads without complaining, and most of all, accept me for who I am. This is not a complete list by any means, and the more I stop to think about it, the more I am blown away by how much my heart needs those things and by how perfectly God created him for me. 
 
I don’t know why God allows the things He allows. I don’t know why He answers some prayers exactly as they are prayed and others in a different way. I won’t pretend that I understand His ways, but I am starting to understand the benefits of trust and obedience. Of actually waiting on the Lord rather than trying to work things out for you own good. Of blind faith, of perseverance, of undeserved blessings, and of true faithfulness. In bits and pieces it is starting to make more sense as pieces of the puzzle are put together. And, maybe, it seems like I've come to a point where it's just about marriage and that's the most incredible thing that God has done for me, but that's not true. It's not about getting married, being a bride, changing my name, and all of the other things that come along with it. To me, it's a true reflection of God's love for His people, His bride. A bride that was stained and tarnished, imperfect and rejected. A bride who had been abandoned and was disappointed, felt a bit hopeless and unloved, and yet He looked at her and He said, "You are mine. You are my chosen, my beloved. I have come for you, come to rescue you, to prove to you how loved you are, to wash away your past and give you a new future." And that's what He did for us. A God after our hearts who is perfect and makes us complete. Who fulfills every need and longing we have and may not even realize we have. Who willingly steps in and steps up and unconditionally loves us for who He created us to be. And that right there is what blows my mind.
 
And so this time next week, my life is going to look a bit different. Everything will be changing but changing for the better. And I'm thankful for that. For life changes, good and bad. Because through each one, God's love is displayed in such incredible ways. Through each change, He teaches me and changes me. And more than anything, I just hope and pray that His love isn't just evident to me but to all who are watching Him do mighty things for me.
 
#476 -  Because of His evident love that's displayed through the mighty things He has done for me.
 
"Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City” or “The Desolate Land.” Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight” and “The Bride of God,” for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his bride...Then God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride." - Isaiah 62:4-5
 

Comments

Popular Posts