Reason #804

"If there’s anything I’ve learned from this journey I am on
Simple truths will keep you going, simple love will keep you strong
Cause there are questions without answers and flames that never die
And the heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise
Thank you Lord
How could I ask for more?"
 
I’m losing track of time. I’ll have moments where my mind goes back to a memory that is as clear as can be, and when I put a date on it, I can’t believe how much time has passed since then. It’s like I spent all of 2012 etching every single moment into my brain so that I would never forget it. Little things, like walking past the flowerbeds at work and noticing the spring flowers had been planted. The morning I stood in my bright blue dress, warming up my chai in the microwave, as I had a divinely orchestrated, heartfelt conversation with a co-worker following one of the harder nights of my life. The realization I came to the day my co-worker shared the news that she was expecting. All of the new friends I met in a matter of months, and how overwhelmed by their acceptance and love I was. I think about the day I finally understood what the Lord was calling me to do. The joy and peace I felt as I sat through every concert I went to that year because God poured His love over me through each song.  I think about the journey I have been on for the past few years, and I realize that the painful parts, the days where I hurt the most, the days that I felt so discouraged and low, the moments of fear and doubt and wondering where my life was headed, are now some of the sweetest days to me. Because when I look back, I can see through it. I see through the heartache, the confusion, and the disappointment, and all I see is a girl whose days were completely and totally filled with God’s blessings, grace, and love.
 
Sometimes I wonder how we get through stuff. The tough stuff that is. Those seasons where we can barely keep our head above water. You know what I’m talking about. The times of our lives shrouded with doubt and fear. The period of life that we absolutely dreaded, hoped would never come to pass, but still did. In the thick of it, it seems like we’ll never get out. When we’re wrapped up in the storms, it feels like that’s all life has to offer anymore. And so how do we get through it? How do we move on? How do we heal and recover from some of life’s hardest blows?
 
Simple truths. Simple love.
 
God made it simple because He knew we needed it that way. In the midst of heartache, it’s hard to remember truth. And when things get complicated, it’s hard to think straight. But the simple truth is that God will get you through it. You don’t have to know how or when or even why it’s happening. You can just cling to the truth that God will be your refuge in time of need. The truth that He is the good Shepherd and will lead you beside still waters. The truth that He works all things out for the good of those who love Him. That His ways are perfect, even though life isn’t. The truth that God will be whatever you need whenever you need it. And when you cling to the simple truths, rather than trying to figure it out, you look back and realize that He got you through it.
 
God’s love in simple. All you have to do is accept it. That’s it. Simple truths, and a simple love that somehow have the ability to turn our biggest heartaches into our greatest blessings.
 
#804 - For His simple truths and love.
 
"Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, will be with us in truth and love." - 2 John 1:3

Comments

Popular Posts