Reason #815

I feel like I need a day to sit down and write everything out that God has laid on my heart. It just keeps coming and I can't keep up with it. Tonight, as I prepared for our Sunday school lesson, I thought my paper might catch on fire with my vigorous note writing. Of course, we're talking about the death and resurrection of Jesus, as is expected on Easter, which is a very familiar piece of scripture. Yet as I read it again tonight, the Lord began to reveal to me all sorts of new things, and so I'll probably be blogging my Easter notes post-Easter this year.

It is the night before Easter, which has yet to set in. April is flying by, and I have been completely unprepared for tomorrow. I set out to find an Easter dress this afternoon, mostly because it was a good reason to shop. Anyway, my attempt was cut short as it began to pour down rain. I thought, "A little water never hurt anyone," but once it began falling so heavily that I couldn't see a few feet in front of my car, I figured it was best for me to go home. I came home and waited for it to lighten up before venturing to the grocery store. I headed down the empty Easter candy aisle to see if anything had been marked down yet. This woman walked past me and said, "I feel like the worst mom ever. I obviously waited too long to shop for Easter and I can't find anything." I know she expected me to say, "Me too," but as of this year, I'm not in that category. I was just shopping for my own Easter candy, so I wished her luck and reminded her that something is better than nothing.

I left the store and the sun was out. But now, 4 hours later, I find myself sitting in bed listening to the rain fall from the sky again. And I think about how grateful I am that tomorrow is Easter, that a few thousand years ago, tomorrow, Jesus walked out of the tomb so that we could have eternal life. The sound of the rain and thunder is the perfect reminder that God always comes through, in our times of desperation, to give us exactly what we need.

Because from the start, He knew we needed forgiveness. From the start, He knew we needed grace. He knew we would desperately need saving, and so He sent His son. And on that Saturday night, as He lay in the tomb, the world desperately needed Him to wake up. Mankind desperately needed Him to overcome death, overcome sin, because there was absolutely no way we could do that on our own. From the start, He knew we desperately needed a Savior. And yet that Friday night, and all day Saturday, God's children were in their most desperate hour of need. Desperate to be rescued, desperate to find hope, desperate for eternal life, and on Sunday morning, Jesus came through in their most desperate time to meet their every need.

We need rain. We've been desperate for it. We've been waiting and asking and eagerly anticipating any storm that might come our way. But no one can make it rain expect for the Lord. No one can quench our desperation but Him. For just as He gives new life, just as He raises the dead to life, no one can meet our lives needs like He can. And so in our desperation, when things look bleak and dry and grim, God comes through once again to remind us He is the source. The source of all we need, the source of all our hope. We're desperate for Him, desperate without Him. Thank you, Jesus, for being faithful to come to us in our hour of desperation and meet our every need.

#815 - Because in our hour of desperation, He always comes through to meet our needs.

"Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying." - John 11:25

Comments

Popular Posts