Reason #806

Well, we have made it to our final monthiversary. Next month, we'll be celebrating our first anniversary. Can you believe that? Me either. I still find myself looking through our wedding pictures all the time, and it seems like it was just yesterday we were saying "I do." Eleven months, and we've learned a lot. Of course, I'm pretty sure that when it comes to marriage, you're always a student.

I consider myself lucky to have found someone who has willingly committed to live through the rest of their days with me. It's not easy to always love someone when they are being unlovable, to be patient with someone who tests your patience, to be selfless when they're being selfish, and to be quick to forgive when they're quick to anger. Aaron is a saint, you know. A saint to be all of the plus sides of those equations when I'm so often being the minus sign. God designed Aaron for me, it's no doubt. He knew what kind of person I needed to walk through life with because He knew what kind of person I was going to be. Not always easy, not always simple, but neither is life or any worthwhile endeavor for that matter.

Isn't it interesting how quickly life changes and how quickly we adapt to it? I've spent the majority of my life not knowing Aaron, and yet after being married for almost a year, I have almost forgotten what life was like before him. I most definitely can't imagine life without him because every idea I have about the future includes him. That's the beauty of this endeavor because although it's not easy, we get to figure it out together as we go, and there's no one else I'd rather do that with than him.

And so tonight, we celebrated another victory as we marked off another month of marital bliss. I feel really fortunate to say that this first year has been great. I know a lot of people don't feel that way about the first year, or even few years, and I'm so glad that we can look back and have a first year that was flooded with great memories. A year of growth, and learning, and a challenge here or there, but overall, a year composed of a lot of happiness, joy, laughter, and fun.

Aaron gave me a card that said, "When I say I love you, I mean I'd do anything for you, I mean I'm in this for keeps, I mean you're funny and smart and beautiful to me." And I'd have to say the keeps line was my favorite. Not that I ever doubted that for a second, but each day I spend with Aaron is a sweet reassurance of that very fact. Each new memory, I am grateful for. Each celebration, I take to heart. Because I realize how fortunate and blessed I am that he chose me to be his bride. That out of all of the women in the world, he wanted me. And I just praise God for that and for how he continues to choose me each and every day.

#806 - For choosing me once and choosing me every day since.

“This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’for she was taken out of man.That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." - Genesis 2:23-24

Comments

Popular Posts