Reason #22

I love getting personal mail. I get so excited when I get something in the mail other than bills or circulars. I've had many friends send me sweet cards over the past few months, and each time I open my mailbox and see a hand-addressed envelope my heart does a little flip flop. Nothing makes me feel more special than receiving an unexpected note and knowing that I have been remembered. Words mean a lot to me, so I have kept every note and card I have ever received. Yesterday, I was surprised to find an unexpected package on my porch.

I have bragged on my family throughout my posts, but I have to just go ahead and say again that I really have the most incredible family. I have been placed in a family full of prayer warriors that love wholeheartedly. I am so fortunate to be the recipient of so many people's love. Well, I noticed the return label on my unexpected package was from one of my aunts. I anxiously ripped open the box to find some very precious treasures inside. My sweet aunt has picked up the art of knitting and had taken the time to knit me an adorable scarf and ear warmer band. Not only were they cute, they were pink... my favorite! She also included a wonderful book, which I am anxious to start reading. However, as I looked through the box, I saw an envelope with my name hand-written on the outside. I opened her letter and began to read the words. As I got to the last few sentences, I was overwhelmed by the love pouring out of that special, unexpected package. I am an emotional girl. I have cried many a tears in my lifetime. I have found that if I can keep the tears from escaping my eyes I can usually control it. Once those drops start rolling down my face... game over. Tears began to escape my eyes and I realized, that for the first time in a long time, they were happy tears.

Psalm 56:8 says, "You have collected all my tears in your bottle.You have recorded each one in your book." I'm sure the Lord has an incredibly large bottle for my tears. I'm so thankful that I serve a God who sees the happy tears, sad tears, sorrowful tears, disappointed tears, joyful tears, shameful tears, hidden tears, stressed tears, relieved tears and overwhelmed tears. Not only does he see them, he keeps track of each one of them. I bet you I have one of the longest records in his book!

"Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest." (Psalm 126:5-6) I have been through a season of weeping as I planted seeds of uncertainty. I've been watching those seeds and anxiously (often times impatiently) waiting to see what they are. God has taken my tear-soaked seeds and started growing them. I suppose the neat thing about it will be the surprise crop at the end. I don't know how long these little seedlings will grow or when I'll get to harvest them, but as I am starting to see the tiny sprouts, I am shouting with joy!

Reason #22 -  Because there will be a harvest!

"And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness." - James 3:18

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." - Galatians 6:9

Comments

Popular Posts