Reason #42

I had to go get a new driver's license today. This was not the ideal way to start the weekend, but it had to be done. I walked into a room packed full of people and I wondered why they were there. Had their license expired, had they lost their ID, were they updating their information, were they getting their license for the first time? I thought about how much emphasis we place on ID's. I work in a bank and we make customers show an ID for any and everything. I thought about how much importance that little plastic card has, and I realized that the most common way we identify ourselves is by our name. Parents spend months trying to pick out the perfect name for their child. They want  to give their child a name that people will remember; a name that has significance or meaning. Names are passed down and sometimes we're glad to have a name and other times we'd like to change our name. I have found myself in the middle of a name crisis, thus my reason for being at the driver's license office today. A name signifies who you belong to. A name is not only what others use to refer to you, it tells them a little about who you are. As I've walked through this season in life, I've been hit by waves of discouragement, one of them being my name. I left the driver's license office feeling as if I was starting to sink under the wave crashing  over me and I remembered another name. You see, this name holds power. Psalm 91:14 says, “Because [she] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue [her]; I will protect [her], for [she] acknowledges my name," so I called out his name and was reminded that he goes by many names.
                                 
Father
Yahweh
I Am
Jehova Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
Jehova-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehova Rapha  (The Lord That Heals)
El Shaddai  (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon  (The Most High God)
Alpha (The Beginning)
Omega (The End)

How comforting to know the name of the one we can call on for help, protection, provision, guidance, healing, peace, strength, and love. Who is he to you?

#42 - Because I can call on the name above all names!

"Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth." - Psalm 8:1

Comments

Popular Posts