Reason #36

We are faced with choices every day.

Will I hit the snooze button more than once this morning?
What will I wear?
Should I have my "usual" for breakfast?
Am I going to take a chance and speed so I can get to work on time?
What should I eat for lunch?
How many pieces of chocolate should I consume today?
Should I go to the gym after work?
What sounds good for dinner?
How early should I go to bed tonight?

Choices. We live in a society full of choices. You can choose how you want to look, what you want to eat, where you want to work, who you want to be friends with, how you like to drink your coffee, where you want to live... you get the idea. Here are a few choices I've been having to make lately.

Am I going live in defeat or am I going to claim victory?
Am I going to lay my burdens at his feet?
Am I going to rely on my own strength or his?
Am I going to take my problems to him or am I going to try and fix them myself?
Am I going to believe his promises?
Am I going to spend time with him today?
Am I going to let his light shine through me?
Am I going to take the opportunity to share his love with others?
Am I going to forgive?
Am I going to seek him?
Am I going to live in a way that brings glory to his name?
Am I going to trust in his plan even though I don't know what it is?
Am I going to allow him to mold me into who he desires me to be?
Am I going to choose joy even if I don't feel it?
Am I going to be thankful?
Am I going to be obedient to his call?
Am I going to choose Him?

These are choices I have to make on a daily basis, maybe even an hourly basis. Sometimes it's not easy to choose, but because I am one of his chosen, I'm thankful that he freely gives me the opportunity to choose.

So what are you going to choose?

What ever it is, make sure you choose wisely.

Reason #36 - Because I have a choice.

"Who, then, are those who fear the LORD? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose." - Psalm 25:12


Comments

Popular Posts