Reason #335

I came home from work sick today. I got up this morning and felt like a train wreck, but I hoped that after I got going the bad feelings would subside and I could continue on throughout my day as planned. A few hours into the morning, not only did they not subside, they intensified and I knew I had to go home. Barely able to hold up my head, I made it out to my car and tried to collect myself enough to drive home. There is just something about being in the car when you don't feel well. I believe it has to be one of the most uncomfortable places to be when feeling ill. And isn't it interesting that just a few hours of feeling sick can get to you so quickly? It's as if your brain forgets what it feels like to feel "normal." I made it home and dropped into my bed willing myself to go to sleep quickly so that I could escape the waves of nausea washing over me.

Scout, being the ever-present pet she is, took it upon herself to keep me company during the hours I slept. She made a nest out of my hair and snuggled her little body as close to my head as possible. She stayed there the entire afternoon. I guess she was doing her best to nurse me back to health. Anyhow, I appreciated her efforts and maybe they worked some as I woke up feeling slightly better.

I haven't been sick in years. I really can't even remember the last time I was sick. And the few hours I have been feeling under the weather have made me quite apprecaite that fact. I'm thankful that I don't get sick very often, but more than that, I'm thankful that I am healthy. Thankful that God has given me a healthy body that has not been plagued with ailments. Thankful for sick leave so I could come home and rest for the afternoon. Thankful for a comfy bed and quite house so that I could get some additional rest. And, of course, I am very grateful for a sweet boyfriend who not only brought me some chicken noodle soup for dinner, but also brought over a good portion of Walgreens, which was just what I needed!

And so, with NyQuil pulsing flowing my bloodstream and Vicks under my nose, I am off to bed for a full night's rest in hopes that I'll feel back to my old self tomorrow.

#335 - For being blessed with good health!

"The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health." - Psalm 41:3

Comments

Popular Posts