Reason #348

I woke up with a smile on my face this morning. Truthfully, I hardly slept last night. And so I'm worn out tonight. Exhausted from all of the excitement. But it has hardly faded. In fact, I think it's increased even more today because I'm one day closer! That's the thing about big events. They have to come to an end. Sometimes, when they're over, we are left feeling as if something is missing. Maybe a little bit of sadness or emptiness follows because it has come and gone and life moves on. Things can only linger for so long. But isn't that the upside, too? The fact that things, or events, in our lives can only last for so long? I guess it all just depends on the way you're looking at it and what the event is.

Christmas has come and gone. Another wonderful season. The best Christmas in my book, as I was given the most amazing gift I could ever ask for. Every year, we spend a good 25 or so days preparing. We string lights, put up trees, wrap gifts, bake goodies all in the name of Christmas. So much excitement drawn out through the month and then the day arrives. Good food is eaten, gifts are opened, and quality time is spent. And then we wake up to December 26th. It's over. Christmas has come to an offical end. The radio stations are no longer playing Christmas songs, the nights are a little darker without all of the extra lights, living rooms look bare with trees that are missing, and life has returned to normal. And so it can feel kind of weird. Because we just spent a few good weeks getting used to the Christmas cheer, but now it's over and we have 11 more months until it returns.

The thing about Christmas is that it's the start of the story, not the end. Christmas may be scheduled to take place at the end of the year, but it's the beginning of a new chapter. The beginning of hope, the start of the redemption plan. And so we should end Christmas with more cheer and joy than when the season began. Because  the thing we waited so long for has happened. The fact that this huge event has taken place should cause us to wake up feeling even more joyous than the day before. Because with each passing day, it only gets better. With each passing day, we get one day closer. A day closer to seeing Him face to face. A day closer to being in the presence of the very One who is the whole cause of Christmas. And so excitement and anticipation should grow as we watch the pages of this story unfold. This is our story, after all. We are the main characters, and this story is far from over. Christmas is only the beginning, just a little glimpse of the goodness that awaits us. A celebration that will never end!

And so I'm grateful for Christmas and the reminder that this is the beginning of a new story, a new chapter. I'm thankful that God is still writing and authoring a divine masterpiece with us in mind. Because we have really great things to look forward to. And I'm grateful for what He has written for me. For giving me a new chapter in my story this Christmas season. And my anticipation and excitement grows because one day down means we're one day closer, which is a great reason to keep on celebrating!

#348 - Because this is only the beginning of the story!

“Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.” - Psalm 103:1-2

Comments

Popular Posts