Reason #350

I love to read. I really do! There's nothing I love more than crawing in bed and getting lost in a good book. I love getting to know the characters. It's funny how you can develop such strong emotions about hypothetical people living in hypothetical situations. I really love book series, too. That way, you get to spend a lot of time with the characters and see them through different phases. And so ending a book is always bittersweet. Because when you flip that last page, it's over. You've spent a good amout of time investing in this story and now it has all come to an end. No more time to spend with the characters, the story has been told, and so it's time to find a new book.

Today marked the end of an era. Okay, not really. But today was an ending for me. The end of a really good chapter. Those are always the hardest, right? Today was my last day at work. For a little over 2 years I have spent my days there. I have invested in the lives of so many people whom I have grown to love dearly. In fact, I really don't even see them as co-workers. I consider them friends. And they've been main characters in my story. But that's the thing about books, you never know what each chapter holds. Only the author knows how it ends and so you must take it one page at a time to get there. Of course, you can spoil the ending for yourself by skipping forward and reading the last page, however, that takes all of the fun out of it. After all, if you know how the book ends, do you really even care to read it?

This was a really bittersweet chapter to end today. My heart was heavy as I said goodbye because I really didn't want to leave my co-workers. If I could have just packed them up with the rest of my office I would have. But I couldn't and so I bid them farewell (the ones who were there) and hoped that somehow our paths would cross again.

Monday is the start of a new chapter for me. I believe 2013 is going to be quite a year, truthfully. A year full of changes and new chapters. But change is welcomed when it's positive, and I can't think of better changes than the ones I'm about to face. A little nervous, sure. I'll be honest, it's a lot to take in. Truthfully, I am not sure how to feel about being the "new girl," so I'm hoping the newness will wear off quickly. But change can be a good thing, and I love to see how God is faithfully redeeming all of the changes I went through last year.

And so I don't know where the story goes from here. I know how the last chapter ended, and I know where the next one is going to start, but I'm only a few sentences in. There are days I wish I knew the end, but it really is more fun to take it one page at a time as He sees fit. And He knows what's next. He's authored a really good story, and I'm anxious to see what adventures and characters this new chapter will hold.

#350 - For the end of good chapters and the beginning of new ones!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts