Reason #337

I have to take a minute and brag a bit about Aaron tonight. Yesterday was day 1 of Christmas for me. For however many days he has in mind, Aaron has planned something out for me. It may be a gift, something I enjoy doing, or both! But yesterday and today were both surprises and I must add that he did an exceptional job. Aaron is a good listener. If you've ever talked to him before, you notice this quality very quickly. It's as if whatever piece of information you are sharing with him is the most important piece of information ever. I talk... a lot, so he's heard me say a lot. But he has picked up on certain behaviors and retained valuable pieces of information, which is coming in very handy right now. And so days 1 & 2 of the Christmas celebration have been a blast because he has incorporated things into both days that I really like, making me feel quite important and valued. And, I'll also add that he has given me puzzle pieces each day to begin putting together. Right now, I have a part of the border complete, and I'm ever so curious to receive the pieces each day so I can solve this mystery puzzle.

I know the next however many days I have for my Christmas celebration are going to be wonderful. I'm not the least bit worried. I'm excited and anxious to know that each day holds, but I know each day is going to hold something good. And here's the thing, I don't deserve this. I haven't done a thing to warrant this. And I'm blown away that someone would take the time and consideration to plan something so special and so far out in advance just for me. To hear my heart's desires, see my likes, and craft out a specially designed surprise for me. And not because he has to. Not because he is being forced to. Simply because he wants to. Wants to shower me with good things that I did absolutely nothing to deserve or earn.

And I thought about how God does this for us. So often, during the difficult times, we ask "why?" But do we ever stop and ask "why?" when God is showering down blessings on us? Do we ever stop and say "Lord, why are you so good to me? I am so blown away that you would do this for me simply because you love me." I think we often times feel entitled, as if we might possibly deserve such good things. But we really don't. However, God hears our heart's desires. He is a good listener and He knows what brings joy into our lives. He is fully aware of our likes and dislikes. And it blows me away to think that there are billions of people on this planet, yet God would take the time to consider me. To plan out good things for me and make them happen. To bestow such love and goodness upon one who is far from deserving. Because nothing I could ever do, or have ever done, would warrant such behavior. I could never rightly earn the incredible blessings God has specially designed for me. But He doesn't do it because He has to. He doesn't do it out of guilt or to try to win us over. He doesn't do it to prove Himself to us. Rather, He simply does it out love. He wants to.

And I think about the partially completed puzzle sitting on my coffee table. Sometimes, we just have to wait for the blessings to be poured out. He may not do it all at once. He may give a little here and a little there, but piece by piece it all starts to come together and the anticipation  builds as you realize that He has gone far above and beyond anything you could have thought up. He has exceeded your ideas of good and then some. And eventually, it will all come together. Eventually, the pieces will make sense. But until then, enjoy them as you receive them. Rather it be one by one or by the handful. Each piece matters, each piece plays an important part, and each piece is a reminder of how dearly loved we are by a good and gracious God!

#337 - For specially designed, surprise blessings!

"How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world." -Psalm 31:19

Comments

Popular Posts