Reason #623

I had a bad day. I'll just leave it at that. I'd definitely love to vent and go into details, but I realize that it doesn't matter and so that's all I'm going to say about the first 12 hours of my day. I did get to go to the Rascal Flatts concert with some of my girlfriends tonight, and that was fun. It was a really good concert, so that was a good way to end a rough week.

The last time I went to a country concert was exactly two years ago. My mom accompanied me to see Taylor Swift, which was also an amazing concert. I had tickets for months, and I wasn't going to miss out on seeing her. She's quite the performer, and it was worth every penny. Anyway, tonight's concert was in the exact same place as the Taylor Swift concert two years ago, and I just couldn't help but think back to that night.

I promise I'm not going to reminisce all of October,  but there are just certain things the Lord does to remind me of His sovereignty. One of the main things He does is takes me back to certain events or situations and lets me recreate them with a positive memory. Isn't that incredible? Because, truth be told, I've lived in Lubbock since I was 19 and so this town is flooded with memories for me. I refused to let myself live in a little sheltered bubble two years ago and forced myself to go places and do things that were initially a little difficult. I remembered talking about how all I had was negative memories and I just wanted to have positive ones. I wanted those positive memories to outweigh the others and be the first to come to mind. And so God has been faithful to not only give me courage to do the things I initially dreaded, but He has been gracious to take me to some of the exact same places to remind me of His goodness. He has taken me back and given me a second chance to make a new, good, lasting memory. He has taken me back so that I could, once again, be reminded of how He has always been faithful to carry me and had a divine plan all along. I just praise the Lord that He always turns our ashes into beauty!

Well, tonight, Rascall Flatts sang the song, "God Bless the Broken Road." At the end of the song, the lead singer said, and I quote, "Thank you Jesus for blessing the broken roads." Amen! A good song and a word of truth all rolled into one. And so I just had to thank God for blessing my broken road. For letting my road break in the first place so that He could bless it in unimaginable ways. That's one of the many things I love about the Lord. There is nothing so broken that He can't fix it. It's true. Test it out if you don't believe me. And although we look at all the brokenness that is our lives, all the scars, the closed doors, the disappointments, and the hurts, we realize that those very things really were getting us right where we needed to be. Those things that seemed so devastating were actually setting the stage for God to work in mighty ways. Work that only He could do, because He is the only one who really, truly, knows how to not only repair and fix the damage but can also turn it into something that is for our benefit, something that is for our good.

And so I am grateful the Lord allowed me to go back to the United Spirit Arena two Octobers ago, and I am grateful that He led me back there tonight to remind me of His love for me. Of how beautiful the journey has been even though it started out on a broken road. Of how each crack was just God's way of getting me to where He needed me to be. I am thankful for broken roads and thankful for a Savior who will bless the brokenness if we'll just keep following Him.

#623 - Because He does bless our broken roads.

"No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others. Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." - Psalm 25:3-5

Comments

Popular Posts