Reason #627

I have a piece of furniture in my bedroom that is about to put me over the edge. I cannot keep this thing dust free, and it is driving me crazy. I thought that the TV was causing it to be so dusty, so I figured by hanging the TV on the wall rather than setting it on the furniture, it would take care of the problem. Wrong! I cleaned this weekend, and not 5 minutes after I finished giving it a good waxing, it was covered in dust again. Every day since then, I have wiped this thing down but it doesn't matter. The dust keeps collecting, and I can't get it to stop.

My furniture can't help that dust is collecting on top of it. It can't do a thing about it. But I can. And even though that means I'm pulling out a dust rag every day to keep it clean, I do it. Because give it a day or two and you could write a short story in the dust. By the end of the week, you could literally created a life-sized "dust bunny." I want it to look nice. I want it to be shiny like it is supposed to be, and so I dust it often because if I don't that dust isn't going anywhere.

As I was wiping down the furniture, once again, this afternoon, I thought about how much life is like this TV stand. Because the truth is, every single day I get covered in junk from the world. I deal with impatience, frustration, exhaustion, disappointment. I get sin splashed on me, and the world won't leave me alone. And I try really hard to not let it affect me. Be patient, be kind, be loving and understanding. But I still get covered in the mess. Every day, somehow, it gets on me. And every day, I need to get it off of me.

And so the Lord enters with His Swiffer, so to speak. Ready to wipe it away. To remove the fuzz,  the yuckiness, the very things that are dulling the shine. And some days, it requires some serious elbow grease. A little extra rubbing, a little extra care because I'm simply a mess. But He is so faithful to do that every day. To wash me, purify me, cleanse me, and restore me. He is faithful to show up ready to renew and refresh me. I'm so grateful for that. Because I can't do it by myself. And so I praise Him for never getting tired of me. For never getting so irritated and frustrated with me that He just lets me sit under all of that mess. I'm grateful that He is there, every day, wiping it all away with His nail scarred hands so that my shine can return and I can face another day.

#627 - Because He is there to wipe it all away... every day!

"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." - Titus 2:11-14

Comments

Popular Posts