Reason #840

Faith is not hoping God can it's knowing He will.
 
 
I saw this quote twice today. I don't know where it originated, and I've never heard it before. I found it strange that I would see it twice in one day but maybe not. Because isn't it true that we so often see and hear God in the ways we least expect?
 
You may have been reading my posts lately and wondering, "What's going on?" My mom used to encourage me to write blessings blogs and not depressing blogs, and I realize that lately a lot of them have been kind of rough. You look at my life and you see a great husband, a wonderful family, a nice home, a stable job, good health, and a really cute dog and you're probably thinking I am being dramatic. You're probably wondering what in the world could possibly be wrong. Well, I like to stay vague for many reasons, and honestly, if I told you why I am struggling, you'd think I'm crazy. You'd laugh and say, "Girl, you're fine. You've got it good." And while that might be the case, I still have struggles. Each day, I am reminded of how much I need Jesus no matter how good, or bad, things might be. And today, that quote was a sweet reminder of how capable our God is.
 
The thing I really have a hard time with is being out of control, which is exactly how I feel right now. And I feel helpless, worthless, and stuck. I feel like I am going nowhere fast, which doesn't do much for my type-A ways. Because life keeps throwing kinks in my plans, and I can't get them out. I am at a place of complete surrender and the only thing I can do is hand it over to God and let Him take care of it.
 
But isn't that really what God wants? Our total dependence? Doesn't He constantly ask us to bring Him our worries so that He can sort them out? Doesn't He ask us to hand over our burdens so He can carry them? He means it, I just think we aren't sure we can really take Him at His word sometimes. But that's what we need to do. Be confident that when God says He will, He will.
 
It's in these opportunities our faith has the chance to grow. It's in the silence, in the stillness, that we are stretched. But it's not for loss, it's not a waste. Because it's then that we get to witness God work in a really big ways. It's then that we are reminded of His power and abilities. So let's not just hope, let's know that God will.
 
#840 - Because we know that God will.
 
"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts