Reason #846

All to Jesus, I surrender
All to Him, I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live.
 
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to thee, my blessed Savior
I surrender all.
 
 
Surrender. Surrender, freely. All of it. Give it up. Let go of it. Lay it at His feet. Relinquish, yield, submit. I surrender all.
 
But do I really surrender all? Maybe it's more like I surrender some. Some of my fears. Some of my disappointments. Some of my burdens and worries. I don't surrender all. I don't give up all of my concerns, my desires, or my thoughts. I hang on to them. With a death grip, I keep them buried deep inside because surrendering means defeat. Surrendering means you can't win. Surrendering is a sign of weakness.
 
But the mystery in surrendering to Jesus means we have won. Surrendering to Jesus doesn't mean defeat, it's the turning point in the battle with ourselves. It's the point when we realize that we really can't do it, but He can. Surrendering means we die to ourselves so that we can live in His abundance. Surrendering to Jesus means we hand over the very things that are trying to conquer us only to find out that we are conquerors in Christ. In our weakness, when we surrender it all, Hiss strength is made perfect. Because surrendering to Jesus is really just handing over the things that keep us from fully experiencing His power at work in our lives. Surrendering is actually an act of incredible power and bravery. Laying down the things that scare us, yet we're scared to give up, isn't always easy. But we serve a blessed Savior. A Savior who loves to bless, and at the point of our surrender, we're met with exactly that, His blessings.
 
All to Jesus I surrender
Lord, I give myself to thee
fill me with thy love and power
let thy blessing fall on me.

 
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to thee, my blessed Savior
I surrender all.
 
 
#846 - Because at the point of our surrender, we're met with His blessings.
 

"No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." - Romans 8:37


Comments

Popular Posts