Reason #855

Well, the answer continues to be no. At least for now. I wrote about receiving "no" as the answer a few weeks ago, but the truth is, I'm not really used to "no." Honestly, I haven't really heard "no" very often in my life. Not because I am prone to getting my way, rather I've just learned what to ask for and when to ask. But even when we have good intentions, even when we are asking because it seems like a wonderful request, sometimes we still get a "no."

The only good thing about "no" is that you can move on. Of course, the times that God has given me an absolute "no" have been the biggest blessings of my life. Because of those "no's," I received a "yes" I would have never imagined, so I am grateful for those "no's." But I tend to forget that, being human and all. And so Aaron reminded me last night that maybe it's just a series of no's that will lead to one big 'yes.'

Isn't that kind of how God works though? Because we certainly ask for a lot of things, hoping yes will be the resounding answer, but is it really the best for God to say yes to everything? I mean if He gave us everything we asked for, we probably wouldn't know what to do with it. And, do we really, really know what we are asking for? We can't see the future, we don't know what lies ahead, and so saying 'yes' might actually devastate us in the long run rather than saying 'no.' Saying 'yes' might very well be the worst thing for us. So we should be glad that God takes all things into consideration when answering our requests. And we should be exceptionally glad that when He says 'no,' it is because He has something else better in store for us.

My dad called this afternoon to see how thing were going. I told him I got the answer I had been praying for and it was a 'no.' He said, "Well that's okay. Just give it a little time and we'll be able to look back and see why it was no." He had a good point. If only we could know now, right? But there comes a day when we can look back and we can see why the answer was no. If you're anything like me, when you finally see it, you praise God for it. Because you realize that God knew what He was doing, always has. You realize that He was looking out for your best interest, which He always will. And you are reminded that, once again, He is always faithful to work everything out. We just have to give Him time, and He'll get us there.

#855 - Because eventually He will get us there.

"I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain." - Psalm 3:4

Comments

Popular Posts