Reason #400

Another one hundred down. I'm amazed how quickly the days have added up. When I started this, I had no clue what my life would be like in the 100's, 200's, or 300's. But I began blogging out my life for my own sake. I wanted a record of God's goodness. A reminder that I could have to go back and see His faithfuless. I wanted to keep track of this story He was writing for me, to be mindful of every twist and turn. And today was one of those days where I thought, "I just can't believe I'm here right now." I spent the afternoon working on a project that will be revealed at a later date and my heart was so full. We so often find ourselves in situations thinking, "How in the world did this happen? I never saw this coming. I never imagined this." That's how I felt today. Totally and completely blessed. Today, more realization sank in. Today, I got to see more of God's promises fulfilled. And sometimes I think this is too good to be true. Maybe that's because it is. God is so good, too good, to me.

I was washing dishes this afternoon and this song came on. I love music, we all know, and I love ringing in new "hundreds" with a song. And as the words of this song played, I thought about the choices I have made over the past 400 days. I had to choose to do a lot of things. I've been faced with a lot of decisions. And really, every day I've had to make a choice. A choice to do what I commited to doing. I've made some good choices, I've made some not so good choices. Over all, I've tried to make the best choices possible. I've wondered, on some things, if I've made the right choice and other things, it was a no brain-er. But when it all comes down to it, the choice I made was to trust God. Every day, to try to have an open heart, to hear His voice, to follow His guidance, to glorify His name. Some days have been easier than others. I've had good days, bad days, ordinary days, and every thing in between. But every day, I've tried to choose Him. Every day, I've tried to be mindful of Him. Not to wait for some big event to draw my attention to Him, not to wait for a burning bush or a parting of the seas, but to choose to look for Him in the mundane. To seek Him out in the ordinary. Because the truth is, if we were to look at our lives as a whole, the majority of our days are ordinary. Sure, we have different types of seasons but the mundane, routine, days seem to prevail. And it's crucial that in those moments, we still choose Him. Because we need Him all of the time.

There is an old hymn that often pops into my head and the chorus says, "I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee. Every hour I need Thee. Oh bless me now my Savior, I come to Thee." And it is a choice. We can choose to come to Him, to need Him, to depend on Him and trust Him, or we can choose differently. And I don't want to wait for certain season to roll around to where I am faced with the choice to choose. Rather, I want to choose Him every day so that when those seasons do come, and they will, there won't be any other choice but Him.  And the thing I love most about this is that you can't get it wrong. When you choose Him, you're always right. There's never disappointment or regret or shame about the decision you made. Because Jesus, well, He's the best choice there is!

#400 - Because we never have to live with regret or disappointment when we daily choose Him.

"Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living." - Romans 6:16

Comments

Popular Posts