Reason #447

I had one of those morning. Everything went wrong, and it's hard to recover from a morning like that. I was running behind and in an attempt to quickly fill Scout's bowl with water, I smashed the glass pitcher I was using against the cabinet just hard enough for it to conveniently shatter everywhere. I rushed to pick up the pieces of glass feeling a bit irritated that I had just broken something. I grabbed a cup of milk to drink on the way to work. As I was putting the cup into the cup holder, my phone slid right out of my hand directly into the cup, thus giving my phone a milk bath. I fished it out as quickly as possible believing that it would be okay. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I finally made it work, dropped a chair on my foot, and decided that I had had enough. Thankfully, the rest of the work day went smoothly. I left work, late, and stopped by the phone store so that they could not help me out. It was either going to spend a small fortune on a new phone or spend a couple of bucks on a phone that will drive me insane. I didn't like either option and so by 7:00PM I was ready to throw something.

Do you ever have days like these? Days where you planned for one thing yet got another? Days that do not go your way? If it's not one thing it's another. Because I have those days where I'm just tired and want to throw in the towel. Days when I'd rather just go back to bed and start over again hoping for a different turn of events. But each day is a single event, a one-time thing, and once we're awake, we're awake. Psalm 118:24 says, "This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it." Some days it's just hard to put that one into practice. And maybe it's not one big thing but a combination of little things. Maybe it is a big thing. Somedays it's easier to rejoice and be glad than others.

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” - Zephaniah 3:17

He will delight in you with gladness. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Even on the days like today where life's just a little frustrating and things aren't happening as you'd like, He is rejoicing over you. He is taking delight in you with gladness even when you aren't being delightful. And I think that truthfully, the key part of it lies in the first sentence. For the Lord your God is living among you. And that right there should cause us to rejoice and be glad. Because He's right here with us. On the tough days, the frustrating days, the tiring days, the really, really long days, He's here. On the days that are a big disappointment, the days that you'd like to start over, the days that just keep getting worse, He is among us. And so even when we don't feel like we've got much to be rejoicing about, much to give thanks for, much to be glad about, we must remember that we have a God who never leaves us on our own but is our mighty Savior. One who is there to resuce us from it all. And I'm so grateful for that. Grateful that He is among us always!

#447 - Because He is living among us every moment of every day.

"The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you." - Romans 8:11

Comments

Popular Posts