Reason #448

My phone is still broken. It's functioning somewhat, but it's far from working like it should be. I can use it, but I've had to figure out a different way than the usual to accomplish what I need to. I will say that, compared to yesterday, it has come a long way. Going from a state of complete dormancy, with no hope of even turning on, to functioning with certain capabilities, is quite a drastic change.

I left my phone with my dad yesterday. Feeling completely frustrated and upset, I decided that I'd let him keep and work on it. After all, what did I have to lose? As it was, the phone was completely dead. A few hours later, things had changed. The phone was turning on, he called me, and it appeared that He had figured out how to fix the problem. If there's one thing I absolutely love about my dad, it's that he will do whatever he can to fix a problem. He will work tirelessly, patiently, and is always whole-heartedly determined to fix an issue until it is no longer an issue and he's found the solution. But it's like this with anything I take him. Electronics, jewelry, appliances, you name it, he's going to fix it one way or another. And how comforting to know that I have a father who will do his best to fix any and everything, and that even if it seems near impossible, he is still willing to try.

This is how our Heavenly Father is, too. We can go to Him, in a complete state of brokenness, seemingly hopeless and worthless, and He will do something with us. He will take our dormant, dark lives and bring about new life. He will repurpose us even if it seems that all purpose is gone. Because it's never too late. There's not a timeline on when God can fix us or even if He can, rather, we can find hope in knowing that He can and He will. Every time. No matter what the solution, He will find the fix. And, the truth is, we may function a little different than we did before. We may not look the same or even think the same. We may go through really rough situations that seems completely irreparable, and we may even feel replaceable, but God doesn't see us that way. Rather, He looks at us and He sees what He can do with us. How He can fix us. What He can do to make us new, give us new life and new meaning. And so yea, that might not quite look like what we initially envisioned, but what a miracle to realize that He took you from a complete state of devastation and destruction and saved you by giving you a new purpose and direction in life. How encouraging to know that He never just throws us aside or decides to completely start over. Rather, He accepts us as we are and He will do anything to make sure we don't stay that way. Because what seems impossible with man is possible with God, and that's with anything!

#448 - Because He saves us, repurposes us, and can fix any problem!

"The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked. Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.” - Matthew 19:25-26

Comments

Popular Posts