Reason #453

I watched the news at work this morning. The snow and cold weather didn’t do much for business. I suppose everyone decided to stay in. Anyhow, I watched the president talk about this new budget he has come up with and discuss the economy, and then I listened to the reporters talk about the seemingly pending Korean missile launch.
 
Gloom and doom. Seriously, I don’t understand it. I don’t know why we can’t get a handle on our money and why people can’t get along. I don’t understand the thought behind intentionally hurting innocent lives or running yourself so far into debt that it’s impossible to ever get out. And although I’m not qualified to be the president or a military commander, I just think that surely there has to be a better way to go about these things.
 
Well either way, it seems that most news is bad news. I’m a month out from getting married and now I’m more concerned about the Koreans’ fate and the rapidly dwindling budget than I am my own nuptials. And when I say concerned, I mean worried. Because the truth is, these things affect us all. And whether or not we like it, there really isn’t a whole lot we can do about it. I, personally, can’t stop it or change it. I can’t make anyone re-think decisions or convince them otherwise. These things may very well happen regardless of what I want, and all I can do is watch and be impacted by them.
 
But maybe the problem is that we’re all trying to fix it. Relying on our own selves to change it. Depending on our human frailty to change the course of history. And I think we’ve been doing it for too long. Trying to take control. Trying to control. Thinking from only one perspective… ours. And so maybe it seems like we can’t do a thing about except stand by and watch, but we can pray. We can include Him. We can ask Him to change us, to change our course of history. To take control, to take care of us. And really, that’s the best thing we could do.
 
I don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t think anyone really does. But I’m grateful to serve a God who knows. And I’m grateful that regardless of what happens, of how bad it may get, of how scary or difficult things seems, He will take care of His children. Some times, we have to hit rock bottom to realize that. Some times, we have to go through the worst possible situation before we finally get it. But even in the pit, He’s there. Even at rock bottom, He’s with us. And there’s no situation in which He will abandon us. He’s willing to stick through it with us, and I’m grateful for that. It’s the truth, too. Just look at His track record. He’s done it many times before, and He will be faithful to do it again.
 
#453 - Because He knows what will happen, and He always takes care of His children regardless.
 
“Do not worship any other gods or bow down to them, serve them or sacrifice to them. But the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt with mighty power and outstretched arm, is the one you must worship. To him you shall bow down and to him offer sacrifices. You must always be careful to keep the decrees and regulations, the laws and commands he wrote for you. Do not worship other gods. Do not forget the covenant I have made with you, and do not worship other gods. Rather, worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.” - 1 Kings 17:35-39

Comments

Popular Posts