Reason #466

I met my parents for lunch on Sunday after church. As I was walking to fill up my drink, I passed one of my friends who was there having lunch with her family. My mind went back to last April. I had worked up enough courage to start going to church by myself again, but every Sunday I would still meet them for lunch afterwards. Being creatures of habit, we would often end up going to the same place. One Sunday we spotted my friend there by herself. We invited her to sit and eat with us, and it wasn’t long after that lunch that my life changed dramatically.
 
It’s amazing how God places people in your life right when you need them. Not knowing it, we are often the answer to someone else’s prayer. And doesn’t it just blow your mind that God would use you that way? It does me. To think that God has placed me in particular situations and crossed my path with certain people in order to answer their prayers amazes me. But I think that just goes to show that God is always working and planning on our behalf. And how amazing that so many times He is using a particular situation to answer the prayers of both participants!
 
I’ve been thinking a lot about this the past few days. Sometimes I forget how intentional God is. Sometimes I forget that things don’t just accidentally happen. It has nothing to do with luck. Rather it has everything to do with diligence and obedience. And the more I’ve thought about it, the more I have realized that God doesn’t ever lead us into something that is bad for us. He is never going to place us in a situation that is detrimental. Yet we so often find ourselves there. Stuck in a circumstance that is so horrible, but did we actually follow God there? Did He actually lead us to that place, or did we get ourselves into that circumstance on our own accord?
 
I learned a new song last week. The chorus says:
 
 
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
 
The truth is, sometimes God leads us to a place where there aren’t defined borders. If you’re anything like me, that can be scary. It’s a place where our faith is tested to the max and we have to trust that He is the one who brought us there for a reason. Because we don’t know where we are going or how deep He will take us, yet we can rest in knowing that He will lead us to the place He wants us to be. He leads us into safety, into His presence, out of bondage and into freedom. And if we realize that, then following Him anywhere doesn’t seem as nerve-racking. In fact, I’ve found that it’s relieving because you know He is moving you closer to that place He desires you to be.
 
So it’s important to allow Him to lead us. And even if we aren’t sure where we will end up, we can find joy in knowing that He will lead us down paths that will not only bless us but will bless the lives of others along the way. A path that will not only change our lives, but will changes the lives of people we may never even know or meet. And I’m always thankful for those moments when He takes me back to the places where He has lead me, places we’ve already traveled through, to remind me of this incredible, intentional journey He has me on.
 
#466 - Because He has continued to lead me down a path full of blessings!
 
"Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe. Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow." - Psalm 5:7-8

Comments

Popular Posts