Reason #464

In the morning when I rise
In the morning when I rise
In the morning when I rise
Give me Jesus
 
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Give me Jesus
 
 
I am a taker. Every morning I wake up and I ask for things. Give me energy, give me motivation, give me endurance, and patience. Give me wisdom, give me discernment, give me direction, give me answers. Give me patience, give me peace, give me joy, give me provision, and give me more.
 
And in the middle of the day I find myself asking for stamina. Give me success, give me purpose, give me strenght, give me help.
 
Every night, when I lay down in my bed, I ask for rest. Give me words, give me protection, give me quality sleep, give me sweet dreams, give me another day.
 
Give me a boyfriend, give me a spouse, give me a job, give me a baby. Give me value, give me money, give me a title, give me fame. Give me a home to call my own, a friend who is always there, give me this role, give me that dream. Give me my heart's desires. Give me what I want, give me what I need. Give me this position, this once in a life time opportunity, give me a healthy body and a sound mind. Give me a lot of years, and give me happiness to accompany each one. 
 
But what if, every day, I started out the day asking for Jesus? And when I wanted something, I asked for Jesus? Throughout the entire day, I asked for Him every time I felt I needed something? Because it seems like I'm asking for the world a majority of the time rather than giving it up and asking for Jesus. And I think the reason we ask for all these things is because aren't asking for Him at all. Because when you have Jesus, you don't need another thing. And when you ask for what you truly do need, you will receive it.
 
Give me Jesus.
 
#464 - Because we don't need anything else besides Him.
 
 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for... For everyone who asks, receives." - Luke 11:9-10

Comments

Popular Posts