Reason #452

I was in Granbury for work this time last year. I actually started to travel quite a bit for work last year, which I kind of liked and kind of disliked. The good thing about traveling is that you get to do something out of the norm. The bad thing about it is that it can wreck havoc on your body. I hardly slept when I was out of town and I ate like a billy goat. Plus, all I wanted to do was be home by the end of the day. Well, now that's no longer an issue. I'm always home at the end of every day, but I do still eat like a billy goat more often than not.

I grew up in the same house for 15 years. I moved out when I started my sophmore year of college, but I always loved going home. I loved getting to sleep in my old room, the smell of my old home, getting to sit in my old chair at the dinner table, and having my mom cook for me and do my laundry. Truthfully, I was never one of those teenagers who couldn't wait to leave home. I lived there my first year of college and was totally fine with that. After all, I got along great with my parents and who doesn't love being taken care of? But with age things change, so going home was always something I looked forward to and I took any opportunity I could to do so.

I remember getting to go home for college breaks. I looked forwarded to the extended time there because home was where I felt safe. I could rest and relax there. I felt completely comfortable there. It was what I knew, it was familiar. My parents moved a few years ago and now someone else lives there. Now, it's someone else's home. Some kid is growing up in my bedroom, eating dinner at my old spot at the table, and bathing in my old bathroom. Someone else is getting to make their childhood memories there, but I'll say it's definitely a good place for that. Home.

I have my own home now. A house that finally feels like home. A place where I can't wait to come to at the end of the day. A place where I feel safe, where I feel relaxed, where I feel most comfortable. And I'm so thankful for my home. Thankful that God has been so generous to give me a home. My home, this time. A home where new, life-long memories are going to be made. A home where love will abound as a family is made. A home where I'll continue to grow, and my life will continue to change, but a safe haven from now on. A sanctuary of rest and peace. A place where I can find comfort and solitude, acceptance and protection. A home with a firm foundation because it was established by the One who is unshakeable, our Rock and Redeemer. And what a joy it is to have a place to call home. Because if you ask me, there's no better place to end your day than sharing a roof with the ones you love.

#452 - To be able to share a roof with the ones I love!

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." - Hebrews 3:4

Comments

Popular Posts